Ring Pro color distortion

Two days ago we noticed color on live view distorted. We turn WiFi off and on and used a soft cloth to wipe outside of ring with no resolution. See pics for difference. Everything now is pink. Thanks

Hi @DGB15! Thank you for taking the time to post the before and after pictures of your video quality! Although the pink trees do remind me of Willy Wonkas Factory, I can see why this is concerning! Typically, pink video is due to your Ring Pro being stuck with the Night Vision on. We can remedy this by doing a few simple steps.

First, we’ll need to find the circuit breaker connected to your Ring Pro and toggle it off for about 1 minute, then toggle it back on. After your Ring Pro has power restored, try activating the Live View to see if the color has returned to normal. If the pink is still there, we’ll need to reboot your Ring Pro. This can be done by removing the Faceplate and holding the Setup Button for 20 seconds. The Ring Pro will take about 1 minute to reboot, and we can then test the Live View to see the video quality.

If you’ve tried both of those steps and your video is still pink, you will want to contact our Support Team so they can assist you more on this issue. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Thank you. I cannot figure out the circuit breaker; So I reset the ring and unplugged my WiFi for a few seconds. Now I have tried several times to set up ring again and it will not set up. Problem now is that it won’t connect to the WiFi and when I go to my settings on my phone it will not show up. This was literally over an hour of trying. I will call customer service again.

Hi @DGB15. Thank you for checking back in! This Help Center article here goes over how to reconnect your Ring Pro to wifi. Make sure that you have wifi assist turned off on your iPhone. This can be found in your iPhone settings under Cellular, then scroll to the bottom and turn wifi assist off. Also, make sure bluetooth is off during setup. If you still need help, don’t hesitate to contact our support team again and let me know how this goes!

Thank you for the advice. I tried it but this did not work. So, I tried advice from custom service on phone. They asked I disconnect the wire and then reset! It finally worked. Then the next problem was the pink distorted camera view. Called customer service again and although what they asked me to do sounded silly- it solved the problem after 4 attempts. Here it goes: Cover camera of ring with a dark cloth/shirt and while covering camera, use flashlight to shine toward it and at the same time with your other hand hit the side of the ring for 10-20 seconds! Luckily two of us worked on this. My camera view is back to normal color. Hopefully this will not happen again. Hope this helps anyone else.

2 Likes

Hi @DGB15. I’m so happy to hear your Ring Pro is working properly now! That is a unconventional approach to fixing the Ring Pro, but it is good to hear that it worked! I will keep this in mind and share if I hear of an issue that is similar to yours. Thank you for sharing!

Thanks! Hate to burst the “ring bubble” but my camera went right back to pink camera view the very next day…

Back to sqaure one-calling customer service… Appreciate your feedback

1 Like