Ring Pro - Video Flicker

Hi I have a new Ring Pro doorbell. it was working find with the cideos, however the last couple of days, when I review videos or go to live view. the video flickers constantly. Has anyone had the same issues? is it due to cold?

1 Like

We have a brand new Ring Pro and after working fine for one day we get intermittent flickering in our videos during the day, after someone activates the motion sensor. It is like a strobe light around the video and so annoying. Live feed without motion detected in our zones is fine, as is nighttime video. Customer support has no idea but if this doesn’t get resolved soon we are returning it.

Did you ever get resolution?

Having exact same issue. Any fix?

1 Like

No fix. I returned it and tried another one and the new one has been fine, so far. Not sure why Ring won’t just come right out and agree it is a defective product.

A replacement fix it? I just installed one at my house and my moms and they both do it. Wasn’t sure if it was the camera. Thanks for the reply

No it stilll occurs from time to time

I have only had the new unit for a week so anything can happen. I’ve seen some people say the issue can start a month or more after owning the device.

I’m glad I’m not the only one!! I just joined the community to post about this very issue. Since I live in Southwest Florida I can assure you it’s not because of the cold. I guess we need to contact Ring for a new doorbell as that seems like the only thing close to a “fix” that has been discovered. Thanks for posting. Hopefully Ring looks at these comments???

Doesnt seem to be alot of complaints online. This seems to be the only thing I find on google in this thread. Others complain the IR flashes but that’s not my problem.

Hey neighbors! The best first thing to check in regards to video quality concerns, is network and wifi signal strength. Check out our Community post about RSSI for tips on optimizing your signal for video.

The symptom of flickering is certainly odd to hear, and could be due to a change in lighting or the lens trying to adjust to a bright environment. Try also removing and reinstalling the Ring app on your mobile device, to see if this improves connection at all. If this concern persists, I recommend reaching out to our support team for more in-depth troubleshooting.

I have contacted ring numerous times about it. Suppose to send a replacement 3 weeks ago. Gave up on it after the third phone call asking if it’s still coming.