Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ring Pro Transformer Humming Noise

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Ring Pro Transformer Humming Noise

Installed a Ring Pro, with the included transformer (UK) and Power Kit V2 in my hall way.

The transformer is emitting a low level hum sound. You can only hear it when there’s silence but I can’t ignore it, making me still notice it. I also believe it is causing me headaches due to the electrical fields but I could be wrong.

Under Doorbell Kit Settings in the App, the option is set to none because it’s not connected to a chime box. Voltage reading is Very Good 4022 mV.

Is this normal for the transformer to do this? or should I raise a ticket for a exchange.

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Ring Pro Transformer Humming Noise

Glad you asked @MTrials! This is certainly an odd behavior to hear of. While a low frequency hum is actually normal in many powered or even radio wave emitting devices, it shouldn't be loud enough to cause a distraction in your home. Feel free to inquire with our support team by phone for a better look and potential swap, if needed.

Another possibility is the need to explore the electric panel or wiring there. If this is the case, we recommend consulting with a licensed electrician.

To reach out support team, please give them a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Manager

Glad you asked @MTrials! This is certainly an odd behavior to hear of. While a low frequency hum is actually normal in many powered or even radio wave emitting devices, it shouldn't be loud enough to cause a distraction in your home. Feel free to inquire with our support team by phone for a better look and potential swap, if needed.

Another possibility is the need to explore the electric panel or wiring there. If this is the case, we recommend consulting with a licensed electrician.

To reach out support team, please give them a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Thanks for the reply!

Contacted support and were extremely helpful. It’s now be escalated.