Ring Pro: No Connection and No Setup Mode

It seems my Ring Pro has stopped working.

I noticed earlier today that it had lost connection. I tired reseting my access points several times and it would not reconnect. I then tried pushing the button to put it into setup mode, nothing happened; no whirling light or setup mode. I disconnected the power from the back to try and reset it, nothing. I was able to push the chime button and make the doorbell ring, but that was hit or miss.

From what I can tell it worked last night about 11:15 but now seems to be a paperweight.

I am assuming this is something I need to file a warranty claim for? Any other suggestions?

1 Like

Hi @Ri22o! If the Doorbell Pro is not entering setup mode or displaying LED light patterns that indicate operation or setup mode, the best first thing to check is power. Please ensure the transformer is rated for 16 to 24 VAC, and that the wiring used is not too thin or corroded. I recommend also double checking the Pro Power Kit is wired at your chime kit properly and no wire became disconnected.

If you are able to consistently ring your existing chime kit by briefly connecting the two wires at the door, as a test, this will confirm there is power running sufficiently. Try resetting your Doorbell Pro by holding the setup button for 20 seconds. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile: