Ring Pro - No Button on Right Side

My brand new Ring Doorbell Pro is not connecting to Wifi (it connected last week).

Instructions say to press button on side of doorbell.

My Pro does not have a button on ‘any’ side. Just the speaker…

What should I do? The cover doesn’t pull off easily to check for a button underneath.

Thanks for any suggestions.

1 Like

Your doorbell should have come with a screwdriver with a special bit on the end. You will use this to remove a screw at the bottom of the doorbell. Then remove the cover and the button will be on the right side.

1 Like

Thank you! I think my router is too far from my door. It worked last week, gets connected now, but the setup never ends. Thanks again.

2 Likes

I am struggling to open the front cover as I need to access the QR scan? Can you please send a link for vidoe showing removing the cover or send me a linl. I have already removed the 2 x bottom screws however no botton in the right side??

Hey @Ankur! The QR code and other device information can be found on the device itself, it’s packaging, and the quick start guide that came with your Video Doorbell. Check out our help center article for more steps on setup.

If you are able to remove the faceplate, and the button is not on the side, you may have a different Video Doorbell model than the Pro. Feel free to reach out to our support team for a more in-depth look at your setup.

I have a new wifi router/with new n/w, would like to setup the doorbell with new wifi. I do see a screw underneath the ring doorbell and I don’t remember where the bit …i can use to open the cover and press button. However, I do have Radioshak small toolset, Cam I use that screwdriver to open the top cover?

Hi @Jgorusu. If you no longer have the provided orange screwdriver that came with your Doorbell, you can purchase a spare parts kit from our website here. You’ll just want to select the kit that matches the model of Doorbell you have, and it will include all of the necessary tools you need. I hope that helps! :slight_smile:

I am trying to set up ring doorbell pro with the previousely install one. i do not have that special screw driver, how do i open the cover to push the side button?

It should not be this hard to change my wifi. I am not sure if I broke it trying to get this cover off and there is nothing in the step by step process to indicate removing anything to get to this side button.

I am beyond frustrated

Hi @Lelangford. To change the wifi for your doorbell, you’ll need to visit the Device Health page in the Ring app. Once there, you will see the menu for changing your wifi network. Make sure that your Ring app is up to date before attempting this. I hope this helps.

Hi neighbors. If you need to reset your Ring Doorbell or put it into setup mode, you can locate the setup button underneath the faceplate. To remove the faceplate, you’ll need to remove the security screw using the screwdriver that was provided in the original packaging. If you don’t have the screwdriver that was provided in the original packaging, the security screw for your Doorbell will either be a T6 or T15 Torx screw, depending on which model of Doorbell you have.

To find steps on how to reconnect your Doorbell to wifi, check out our Help Center article here. If you need to reset your Doorbell to troubleshoot it, you will need to hold down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. For any additional questions or concerns, please reach out to our support team at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.