Ring Pro Flashing Blue on Top Half

My pro doorbell is in a current state of a blinking blue light that flashes on and off in the top half of the circle, followed by a solid blue light in the top half of the circle. Thirty seconds of the blinking cycle, followed by thirty seconds of the solid light. I have tried entering setup mode and reseting the device by using the button on the side of the device, but the button does not seem to be responding. Any thoughts from the community are appreciated. Thx.

Mine is doing the same thing

Hi @c_lamb! From the description you provided, it sounds like your Doorbell Pro is just charging up. During the first setup, charging can usually take about an hour. If it’s not solid blue, or if not responding to pressing the setup button after a hour, I would recommend calling our support team at 1-800-656-1918 for further troubleshooting.

Same here. Couldn’t fix yet.

I’ve called support team but they weren’t able to resolve it. I was told my ring is defective and need to buy another device about 2 years I bought mine. I understand things stop working but if it breaks after 2 years, that means there is no quality at all. I will just buy another door bell from Google.

1 Like

some issues here, google ring doorbell and face detection

Mine is also doing the same thing. It’s only a month old. Sounds like a lot of defective Rings

Same issue here. All I did was change my WiFi gateway so I needed to reconnect to my new WiFi. Two chat sessions and a phone call later she gives up and I’m told to call back in 24 hours when she isn’t working! If they tell me to buy a new device I’ll go with another brand as well

1 Like

Received one as a gift, and it is doing the same thing.

My new Ring Pro lasted less than one day, but it’s under warranty, so they’re sending me a new one. I initiated a return / replacement on Amazon, was asked if I wanted to talk to someone or start a chat. I chose the chat option, figuring that no one would be on duty to talk to at 11PM EST. They were available! After describing my problem to Chloe, she found someone and initiated a phone call between the USA and the tech guy in The Phillipines (it was noon there). Half an hour later, I was done.

I spent far more time trying to figure out the issue - I’ve installed a couple of Ring Doorbells for family and friends, but never experienced that issue. If the Ring Pro had done that on the initial install / startup, I would have been sure that I did something wrong. The Device Health page of the Ring app said there was zero volts at the Ring Pro, my voltmeter said otherwise: 18v. I tried bypassing my ding-dong doorbell using the Power Pro kit bypass option, but that didn’t change a thing: flashing blue on top half of circle. By that point, I was convinced that it wasn’t me or anything I did wrong.

Now I just have to wait a couple of days for my replacement. Unlike some companies, Ring does not make you send the bad unit back to them until you get the replacement. I feel bad for the folks whose Rings were out of warranty: Flashing Blue on Top Half usually means that your Ring has died.

Hi neighbors. To build upon what Chelsea said, your Ring Pro does have to charge before setup can be complete. The blue light will progressively flash until it is completely charged up. If not, our support will take care of you. I hope this information helps!

I just activated my ring pro the other day . It is flashing blue at the top of the circle. I was reading it said my transformer may not be putting out enough so I bought a new transformer that has all the correct voltage and had it installed. The top of the circle still flashing blue, I pushed button on side of the ring to re do . it says im not connected to Ring OMG… then it goes back to flashing blue at the top of the circle…PLEASE HELP…

3 Likes

Same with me. I tried tech support and they told me to wait 24 hours. Still flashing too half blue and reset will do nothing. Unable to get it to boot up. I went a bought a 16VAC 30Vamp and still not working. Sounds like it’s defective out of the box. This is my second doorbell and the first one has had no problems in 2 years.

Hi @bgliem71. Would you mind following up with our support team on this matter? Since you had previously reached out and their initial suggestion was not helpful, it would be best for you to follow up with our support team so they can take a closer look. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

They’re sending a replacement.

2 Likes

It seems that the issue is related to the internal battery. I opened the box and manually charged the battery using a power supply. Now, everything appears to be working as expected. I believe Ring should set the minimum threshold to 50%, allowing the board to power up as soon as the battery charge exceeds 50%. This way, they can continue charging the battery while the system is on and functional. Alternatively, they could update the hardware and incorporate a supercapacitor to eliminate these issues.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.