cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ring Pro Button Sticking Shorting Out

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Ring Pro Button Sticking Shorting Out

I have a Ring Pro Wired door bell/cam.....its 2 years old....the past 4 months it has stopped working just about every 1-2 weeks....no power....nothing....I have to reset everytime....support has been useless outside of asking me to reset....I found the problem to be that when someones rings the bell if they don't hit it exactly in the middle and push the button on the side...it sticks for a bit and this is causing it to short out.....they won't tell me any fix.....I have 3 other cameras and outside lighting...I'm not happy....anyone with similar experience or a fix??  I do not want to invest another $200 for the same thing to happen....in general I find the connectivity of all products to my wifi spotty and I have great wifi and good coverage.....in general not happy and will probably not buy further ring products.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Ring Pro Button Sticking Shorting Out

Mine isn't shorting out, but it causes my doorbell (the one hardwired) to keep ringing until I tap the ring doorbell button.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I have the same problem with my ring doorbell The button on my ring doorbell 2 is sticking

Did you get a fix.

Apparently ring will not chat about this.

Poor service

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I'm having the same problem. My Pro is about 4 years old, I think there's some dirt in the button and the spring has gotten less springy.

Highlighted
Community Moderator

Sorry hear about this, neighbors! The button should certainly not be sticking or getting stuck in a position that constantly rings the Doorbell. The best first step will be to clean around the button and inspect for any debris or visible obstructions that might be causing this. IF this concern persists, Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Feel free to let us know how this goes! Smiley Happy 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.