Ring Peephole Doorbell Not Working

I just purchased and installed the Ring Peephole Camera. Everything works on it without any issues. However, when pressing the button to ring the “doorbell” nothing happens. No alert is made, not lights, no sound from the Ring itself.

I’ve factory reset it multiple times along with uninstalling the app and installing again. Still no notifications or sounds from pressing the button.

1 Like

Hi @WF3. The Peephole Cam should be emitting a sound and light pattern when the button is pressed. Does it report as online in the Ring App when you check? Additionally, what steps did you follow to perform a reset? I’d like to clarify and make sure it was fully reset as a reset is a critical troubleshooting step to perform when encountering concerns like this.

I have thd same problem, no lights on the bell , no live view and buttons not working or sounding when pressed, it is showing as connected and full battery, only installed it today, and really don’t know what to do know

1 Like

Same. Bought mine last month it was just installed today , and on the live view I get a black screen and the doorbell won’t ring on the peephole camera

1 Like

Sorry to hear this concern is persisting, neighbors! Although you mentioned it is showing as online in the Ring app, try removing the battery and checking the ribbon cable connection is secure and clear of debris. Next, reinsert the battery and allow several moments for reconnection. Once reconnected, it should operate as intended. If not, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I installed it yesterday and it did captured couple of motion video and it stopped and any motion or live video is black ! It will recognize motion and take video but taking black video same with Live !

Sad truth is just installed yesterday and ran into issue in few hours. Technical support is joke !

1 Like

Did anyone get this to work? I have the same problem and I just installed it yesterday.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.