cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ring Elite stopped getting power

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Ring Elite stopped getting power

I've had a Ring Elite for 3.5 years. I power it using PoE. I realized today that it stopped working about 5 days ago-- no power. I checked the power kit and it's working fine-- it's able to power another PoE device (office phone) that I had sitting around. So I pulled out the doorbell from the junction box the and wired it to the power kit using the same wire I checked the phone with.  The green power out LED doesn't light up. I tried resetting the doorbell by holding in the main doorbell button and by holding and pressing the black rubber setup button while it was plugged in. Nothing wakes this thing up, and I'm dismayed that the power out green LED won't light (as it did when I tested with the phone). 

I checked the video history and it doesn't look like it was vandalized and there is no physical damage. It's protected from weather also. 

Is there any way to wake this thing up or reset it another way? Is there something I should test that I'm not? Or is this thing dead and time to find another doorbell?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Ring Elite stopped getting power

Thank you for your resourcefulness @birdmin! You've certainly covered all the steps I would recommend to get this working. As you've tested the power adapter with another device and it supplied power, this should be happening for your Doorbell Elite. Unplugging all components, including the power adapter, and plugging them back in is the only recommendation I'd have, given all you've done.

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. They will be happy to look further into this and provide more in depth troubleshooting. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.