Ring Elite stopped getting power

I’ve had a Ring Elite for 3.5 years. I power it using PoE. I realized today that it stopped working about 5 days ago-- no power. I checked the power kit and it’s working fine-- it’s able to power another PoE device (office phone) that I had sitting around. So I pulled out the doorbell from the junction box the and wired it to the power kit using the same wire I checked the phone with. The green power out LED doesn’t light up. I tried resetting the doorbell by holding in the main doorbell button and by holding and pressing the black rubber setup button while it was plugged in. Nothing wakes this thing up, and I’m dismayed that the power out green LED won’t light (as it did when I tested with the phone).

I checked the video history and it doesn’t look like it was vandalized and there is no physical damage. It’s protected from weather also.

Is there any way to wake this thing up or reset it another way? Is there something I should test that I’m not? Or is this thing dead and time to find another doorbell?

1 Like

Thank you for your resourcefulness @birdmin! You’ve certainly covered all the steps I would recommend to get this working. As you’ve tested the power adapter with another device and it supplied power, this should be happening for your Doorbell Elite. Unplugging all components, including the power adapter, and plugging them back in is the only recommendation I’d have, given all you’ve done.

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. They will be happy to look further into this and provide more in depth troubleshooting. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

Did you ever get a resolution to this? Mine is not getting power or resetting either.

1 Like

Hi, i’m experiencing the same problem
described and have done the same troubleshooting. Any further help you could provide? Thanks.

Hi Marley,

I am having the same issie abice. My ring is about the same age, 3.5 years. It stop workinf sime time around 8 am ot so this morning. I checke drhw videos and not nothing out of the ordinary and thesst recieding was at around 8am todah. I have reset mh router multiple times, tried different poe cables, have done different troubleshooting and resetting attempts but nothing seems to work. I have check different cables, connections, etc and nothing. I do want to point out, when i pulled the doorbell off the junction box, I did noticed that the back on the doorbell elite was really hot. It cooled once fully unplugged from the poe cable.

Please let me know what can be done.

I’m having this same problem. I replaced the PoE because I thought it was the problem but still no green light on the power out from the new PoE when I connect the doorbell elite. Has anyone found a resolution for this problem. My Ring doorbell elite is only 2.5 years old and I have 2 of them and they will be very costly to replace

Hi neighbors! If your Ring Elite is no longer responsive or doesn’t appear to be receiving any power, try the following troubleshooting steps.

• Perform a power cycle by disconnecting the Doorbell Elite from power for at least 1 minute before reconnecting it to power.
  • If the above doesn’t work, reset your Doorbell Elite by holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. After the reset is done, set the Doorbell back up in the Ring app using the steps under Set Up a Device.

If the Elite is still unresponsive or doesn’t appear to be receiving any power, please follow up with our support team at one of the numbers available here so they can further assist. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

I’ve had a similar problem as everyone here. Has anyone had a positive response from Ring customer Service?
Quite frustrating… My Ring Elite doorbell showed as ‘offline’ on my phone app two days into my vacation overseas. I figured my internet went out. When I returned home I found the internet was fine but the doorbell itself was unresponsive. No light, non working doorbell button. My silver Ring Elite Power kit box had a blinking green light on the ‘power out’ Ethernet output. Tried the power recycle; Unplugging the doorbell, pressing black rubber button. Nothing. Just a dead doorbell. Does this mean another doorbell purchase…? It’s very frustrating because I’ve done so much just to get this doorbell to work properly. Originally bought a Ring 3 but my wifi out to my front gate was weak so I ran hardwire Ethernet out to the location and purchased the expensive Ring Elite.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.