Ring Doorbell2 started showing power source as battery after 2 years

Don’t bother with support, the only thing they will tell you is that you will need to buy a new Ring since it is out of warranty. At least that is what they told me.

Customer support was useless. I spent over 2 hours on the phone with them and they could not figure out the issue. Their solution, buy a new Ring 2. Of course it just happened to be out of the warranty period. They gave me a coupon to discount the new purchase however that doesn’t fix the issue. I replaced the transformer and nothing. We walked through resetting the ring, I checked the wires, I was getting power to the Ring and my doorbell would work, however nothing. I purchased a new Ring 2, connected it and immediately it showed it was hardwired and charging. Support was a joke. The person wanted to send me a new mounting plate. I asked him how does that have anything to do with my power issue. He couldn’t explain other than he wanted to send me a new plate. I told him on the original Ring I could see where the mounting plate comes into play since that is where you connected the wires to and the Ring slid onto that, however the Ring 2 you connect directly to the Ring 2 and it just screws onto the mounting bracket. Still no clue. If this happens again I am going to explore other options. I have invested a lot of money in Ring, with doorbell, cameras, alarm system, however it is not worth it if I keep having issues and support can’t/won’t help.

5 Likes