Ring Doorbell question

I bought a Ring Video Doorbell 4 years ago or so and I haven’t installed it yet (yeah I know lol). Somebody told me that these Video Doorbells go out of date and you have to buy a new one ever so often. Is this true? I’m intrigued by Ring, but I don’t know if I want to go through that hassel of buying a new Ring Video Doorbell ever so often because Ring upgraded their software or something.

Hey @rtruskey2. As long as you do not have the Doorbot (very old Ring device, no longer fully supported), then you should be good to set up your device and use it! Have you tried to set it up yet? I’m happy to help if you run into any concerns!

What is a doorbot exactly? And if I need any help I’d let you know

@rtruskey2 It was the very first Doorbell that Jaime ever made! He presented it on the Shark Tank show before it ever came to now be re-designed and made into the Ring Video Doorbell and the company “Ring” as we are now. Here’s a link to learn more about it if you’re curious. :slight_smile:

Well I know I don’t have that one. I have this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00N2ZDXW2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 Like