Ring Doorbell not picking up people

I have a brand new Ring Video Doorbell (2nd Gen) that we installed about 3 weeks ago. It was working fine at first but at this point is pretty much useless. As of right now all it is picking up is cars driving by, a tree branch blowing, and occasionally someone leaving the house. It won’t pick up someone coming to the door, it doesn’t even pick up someone standing directly in front of it, waving at the camera. I have the sensitivity at max, the distance from the door set to 5m and put a wedge on with no luck. Wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar and can point me in the right direction.

Hey @jessicah. You could try resetting the device by pressing and holding the setup button for 20 seconds and then reconnecting it to see if this helps! After the reset, go into the main menu of the Ring app > Devices > Doorbell > Device Health > Reconnect or Change Wifi Network. From here, you will go through another setup of your device. Once this setup is complete, observe the motion capture and ensure your settings are how you described in your post for optimal experience.

In addition, if you still have this concern, it does seem like you have a lot of things directly in front of your Live View that could be hindering the motion detection from your enclosed porch and things on it. You may want to see if moving around what is in front of the Doorbell and out of the line of sight, to see if this helps the overall motion detection. Let me know!