cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ring Doorbell no longer displays LIVE view.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Ring Doorbell no longer displays LIVE view.

Since May 7th, I have not been able to switch to LIVE view. Battery and power are full, WiFi signal is strong/full. All motion and alerts work but it won't record or switch to LIVE view. Any ideas?
15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Live stopped working May 4

Live has not worked via iPhone app nor iMac app since 5/4/20 after 3:40pm Mountain time. I have working history prior to 5/4/20 3:40pm MT, but nothing after. I see all of the alerts/motions in the history log, but they are not clickable, they will not launch a video. All of the ones prior to 5/4 launch fine. Something happened on or around this date to RING. I am not the only one experiencing this issue. And when you call customer service, they want you to do all sorts of 'waste of time' troubleshooting like resetting your router and pulling your doorbell off the wall and completely uninstalling and resetting it. WHAT!?!?!?! NO. This has worked almost perfectly for years, now all of a sudden tons of customers are having live/video issues and your solution is to run them in stupid troubleshooting cicrles? Be better. Or I will just find another more reliable brand. Anyone else seeing this crap? Everything is working except for live. My motion alerts work and log. My doorbell actually rings an audible sound when pressing the button. I see "live views" in the history, I just cannot access/click on them, nor can I launch live. So if everything else is working except for live, why on earth are these guys wanting me to tear it all down and reinstall. Rideculous. 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Live stopped working May 4

Same Here. Last Time ( 2 Monty ago) i fixed The Problem with Factory Reset. But i dont Wanne do a Factory Reset every 2 Month
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Live stopped working May 4

Same here.  Tried to reconnect with QR code.  Said it was tied to the previous owner.  I am the only owner.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Ring Doorbell no longer displays LIVE view.

I am watching this thread. I have the exact problem.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I have the exact same problem! Ugh
Highlighted
New Neighbor

My wired Ring doorbell cam has developed exactly the same issue as you .
Judging by the others who are experiencing same symptoms it looks Lomé Ring have either been hacked or their last firmware is flawed . My battery powered stick up cams are working fine still
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Same issue here, no recordings since May 7th, Internet is at 100Mbps, doorbell is less than 10 feet from google wifi hub.  Tried resetting wifi, cleaned the cache and forced stopped the app.  NOTHING is working!

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Update: (RESOLVED) I was able to reach a Community support person at Ring. They walked me through the steps of reselecting my network. If you navigate to Ring App > devices > select door bell> Device health > change WIFI Network. Follow the steps to reselect network.
Let the firmware update complete. Don't touch the device until it's completed. It may take about 5 minutes.
Once it completed everything was working again. I suspect there was a problem with their May 7 update that's caused a network issue that these steps will fix.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Spoke too soon. It's not working. The live view worked once or twice then we back into a strange hibernation state Smiley Sad
Back to the drawing board