Ring Doorbell Pro static noise

My boyfriend always tries to scare me when I’m on the porch smoking, and I can’t ever understand him. I thought it was bc we live on a busy street, but now it’s staticky and just hard to understand. And tips?

1 Like

Hi @h8chu ! Have you tried resetting your Ring Pro?

what is the proper way to reset the physical doorbell device? Just disconnect power and put it back? I am having a live streaming issue that I have not found help with on the community page.

Hey @Stray. The proper way to reset the Doorbell is to press and hold the setup button for 20 seconds. After this, you will go into the Device Health section of the Doorbell’s Profile page and reconnect the device. If you continue to have any troubles, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I have the same issue, with two doorbell pro v2, since the day they were installed. Never had the problem with the older models. Trying to talk to people is useless, as it’s just a loud staticky white noise. I’ve tried resetting them, and even installed an access point 15 feet away, thinking it was a signal/bandwidth issue. Neither fixed them. I can only assume it’s a bug in the software/firmware, but it still hasn’t been remedied, after 6+ months of them doing it.

Hi @user37231. You can also try rebooting your router by unplugging it and plugging it back in to see if that helps. You also want to verify your Doorbell signal strength is at a good level. We also have this Help Center article with other steps you can try. If you have tried these additional steps and are still having the same issue, reach out to our support team for further assistance.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.