Ring Doorbell Pro and Spotlight Cam XFI Pods issue

About a week ago my ring doorbell pro and my spotlight camera lost connection to WiFi. I have tried going back through the setup on both but it fails stating there is a problem with my internet connection (Left side of ring flashing white). I have several other devices on this network with no problems whatsoever. I can connect my doorbell to my work air card just fine, so I know it has something to do with my xfinity system and ring working together. I use xfinity’s mesh network with 6 pods spread out throughout my 3200 square foot home. Signal is excellent everywhere so I am not sure what is going on. It has worked flawlessly until this issue. Has something changed?

Hi @Wkennedy74, have you attempted to power cycle your modem/router? This is a great place to start if you are still having difficulties getting the devices to connect. Once you disconnect the power from your router, leave it without power for a few minutes, and then plug it back up. When that’s back online and working, please try another setup of either of your devices and let me know how it goes!

@Wkennedy74 Did you have the Xfinity xFi app on your smart phone? If so, look at the Network tab and see if all of your pods are “online”. I’ve had issues with a pod going offline randomly. Also from that tab you can see which pod a device is connecting too. Sometimes the devices are connecting to pods that are too far away, especially if the pods or router is restarted.

Well the first thing I tried a week or so ago was restarting the modem from the xfi app. No dice…However, yesterday I unplugged it, and let it sit for like 5 minutes. When it came back up the spotlight cam came right back. I had to go through the setup of the doorbell again but it is now working as well. I also set the leases of my dhcp to forever as I read when they expire that can cause the cams to lose connection.

Thanks for the help and I’ll keep everyone updated as to if the lease help keep them connected.

Did you ever get this working right ? Ever since I switched to the Comcast modem with pods my ring doorbell pro has had issue