Ring Doorbell Pro/Gen2 Indoor Camera Network Issue

I am currently usuing the TP-Link M5 mesh network in my home, and when I attempt to set up the above named products it tells me it is unable to connect to the network. I have tried setting up a seperate guest wifi that only broadcasts at 2.4ghz, I walked one of my access points outside right next to the pro device with an extension cord, done a few factory resets and none of it seems to work.

Oddly enough, I have a battery powered Ring Video Doorbell 3, and that connects to my wifi without any issues at all. I even removed the device from my app and set it up a few different times just to make sure it wasn’t a fluke.

Is there just an issue with this type of network device, and the newer Ring devices?

Hi @Krabe. There is a simple test that you can try to see what is going on. Try setting up these devices to a wifi hotspot using a phone or tablet with that capability. If you are able to connect them to the hotspot, then the firewall security settings on your network might be blocking these devices from joining. If they aren’t able to connect to the hotspot, you’ll need to contact our support team for the next best steps. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.