Ring Doorbell Outside Sound on Motion

Everytime someone walks by, my doorbell makes a noise on the outside. I would like to turn this off but I can’t figure it out.

I still want to record motion but I don’t need it to make any noise.

In fact, I have it hooked up to my traditional door bell so absolutely no sound needs to come from the doorbell itself (except if I’m talking through it).

Please help. I have everything dialed in except this.

Hey @chris111. What sound does the Doorbell make? It’s possible this may be the IR filter clicking on when it needs to adjust the video quality, but if you have a video of this sound I would love to know what you’re referencing!

When attaching this video, you will need to compress the MP4 file into a ZIP file, as ZIP files can be attached to your reply and not MP4s. In addition, you can upload this video elsewhere, such as YouTube, and then share the link to the video in your reply. Alternatively, if the video is saved in the Event History in your Ring App, you can choose to share it via email and copy the link that is generated.

It was making the wind chime noise. But I turned off MotionAlerts and it took care of the noise.

1 Like