Ring Doorbell 3 no device audio

Purchases the Doorbell 3 this week, set up the device the first day it worked perfectly with our Samsung Android devices but outer sound from a Sony Xperia was low volume.

On the 2nd day there is no audio from the device to any of our handsets. Video playback just picks up our handset audio.

Tried a reset and disabled timeline feature, reinstalled the app on devices, still no audio from from the device.

Chime and alerts ok.

Thank you for covering all of those troubleshooting steps, @ManicAardvark! It sounds like microphone audio is not reaching your mobile device. As you mentioned it worked slightly after initial setup, the best next thing to check will be wifi signal strength. Audio connection concerns are often related to wifi, mobile device, or Ring app communication variables. Check out our Community post about RSSI for tips on optimizing this signal strength.

As you are using an Android phone, please check for any apps that might conflict with the Ring app. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

Hi, Have just installed my Ring Doorbell 3, I can hear chime and the person at the door speaking, but they are unable to hear me. I have the Ring app installed on a Sony Xperia phone. Are there any known issues with this phone?

Hi @GCadger. Try checking your phones settings and making sure you have all permissions enabled. If possible, try testing to see if the audio works on another phone or tablet. This will give you a better idea of where the issue is.