Ring Doorbell 3 Pro Plus Questions

New to the Ring family and have some questions i havent been able to wrap my head around.

How often does the battery powered device check-in with the ring app, I do not have it hard wired? I pulled my battery out last night to do a full charge and the app says its still online. its been almost 24 hours with the battery out. How would you go about troubleshooting signal issues when this doesnt appear to be in real time at all?

Does the software really not have a schedule to disable motion recording say on a Saturday/Sunday when out cutting grass or playing with the kids? I see the schedule for no alerts but a nice set it and forget it would be awesome for recording. My 10 year old arlo system seems to have a better handle on that than Ring. Opening the app to toggle these settings everyday just seems cumbersome at best.

Hey @Fulmer. Happy to help here! For your latter question, the Modes feature is unable to be put on a schedule at this time, but we have received this feedback recently and have let our teams know of neighbors desire to have this. At this time, you will need to manually switch between Modes to have your camera disable the motion recording. In addition, as we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors that come to this thread can easily find your feature!

For your first question about the battery devices and when they check in, I can clear this up as well. The device is supposed to check in every 24 hours for the daily health check-in/report, or whenever an event happens. When the battery is removed, the device itself cannot detect motion to check in this way, so the app will then check in 24 hours after the most recent check-in. Once the battery is put back in and the device powers on, the Device Health check-in should update for you. It’s possible there is a chance that you pulled the battery just after its daily check-in and hasn’t come back around again yet. If you’re having more of a concern with your device knowing this information, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here.