Ring Doorbell 3 Device Audio Volume Adjustment

Just purchased the Ring Doorbell 3 for my office. Replaced the original Ring Doorbell that had echoing and audio dropping problems. This device is working fine, but the customer needs to hold his ear up to the device to hear what the receptionist is saying. It’s too quiet. The chime / ring volume is fine (if not too loud… working on it). We can hear the customer fine.

How can I adjust the volumen of the Ring Unit itself? It needs to be louder!

3 Likes

Hey @jbaker24baker. Would you be able to attach a video example of the quiet audio on the Doorbell’s end? When attaching this video, you will need to compress the MP4 file into a ZIP file, as ZIP files can be attached to your reply and not MP4s. In addition, you can upload this video elsewhere, such as Youtube, and then share the link to the video in your reply. Alternatively, if the video is saved in the Event History in your Ring App, you can choose to share it via email and copy the link that is generated. This will give us a better idea of what you’re experiencing on your end! :slight_smile:

Is there a solution to this fundamental issue?

No one standing outside can hear anything said to them from inside :frowning:

what can we do to fix this?

So OK I’ll admit it…

I didn’t realise that when ‘answering’ the doorbell via the Rapid Ring app, that the call is NOT actually answered, even though you are connected with a live video view.

It was the response above that got me thinking - why would the support agent ask for a video of what actions were taken…? Unless they wanted to see if the door bell was correctly ‘answered’…

So now when someone presses the doorbell, and I open the “pre-view” on the app, I’ve realised that I actually have to press the green button, before can can actually connect to the person at the door, and answer the call so that they can hear me!

I can see why it’s useful (maybe you don’t want to answer every caller at your door), but I would have though a software usability improvement to show that the ‘call’ can be answered or declined, would have been more intuitive?

At least my Ring Doorbell actually works :wink:

1 Like

I have the same problem. Audio volume at the doorbell is too low. Please program a volume control in the software. This really makes the product unusable.

1 Like