Ring Doorbell 2 suddenly has phantom motion alerts

Ugh…! add us to the list.

After A LOT of pain and trials and tribulations when it was installed about 2 years ago, the video doorbell 2 was finally working acceptably. It still was getting set off by trucks and large vehicles and probably has only missed 1 delivery person in recent memory.

Seems highly conincidental. But after installing the last app update yesterday, the doorbell 2 started to alert inexplicably with no motion any where. Then it started alerting every minute. I spent all day trying to adjust the motion zones and frequency without any logical impact. Finally popped out the battery and put it back in; had to reduce the motion zone way back and reduce the frequency. Not happy about having to back off the motion settings so much. So, not sure how this will impact its effectiveness as a security camera.

So far still getting phantom alerts throughout the day, and now triggering sometimes on normal size cars (no where near the motion zone). But at least it’s not every minute… If this thing wakes me up again with phantom alerts…

One thing I noticed is that oftentimes performing an action on the app (e.g., changing alarm mode; doing a live view on another camera; going into the settings of the doorbell 2) seems to trigger a phantom doorbell 2 alert.