cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ring Doorbell 2: "This footage is unavailable."

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Ring Doorbell 2: "This footage is unavailable."

Almost not worth having snapshot turned on...
(App data cleared, app reinstalled, no issues with WiFi signal and alternative router tested)
Highlighted
New Neighbor

broster19. From your screenshoot, Your Wifi has?, internet icon with exclamation mark and your 4G has only one bar. I would check the network settings again.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

It's not that. Lol. Attached another screenshot anyway. Suspect (based on consistent timings and where I'm located) this may be Ring maintenance window(s) that are being poorly managed.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Ring DOES NOT store 60 days of footage...Nest Does!!!!

So I am also getting the "ring footage unavailable error" and I just got off the phone with Rink tech support and they informed me Ring does not store ALL footage for your review, only "Event" footage.  This is a real problem for me because I have a  Nest Cam that does store constant on going footage that you can scroll back through to any point and would have just got another Nest product had I known this.  I feel like Ring's advertising that states they store 60 days of live footage is misleading...it should say, stores 60 days of "event" footage.  This is REALLY DISAPPOINTING...because of this I don't recommend this product!!!!

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Ring DOES NOT store 60 days of footage...Nest Does!!!!

This is wrong and the rep you spoke with does know anything...same thing happened to me.
With snapshot capture you can see lots of data from many days in past. It is an issue with this feature that isnt working. I can go back to last week and watch myself get in and out of me car.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Rep told me I was wrong, and I said really? Then why am I watching myself outside from 2 weeks ago
Highlighted
Neighbor II

60 days is for people that have a basic or plus plan. And it's only 30 days for certain countries.
See the information here.
https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001671383-Ring-Protect-Subscription-Plans
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I am paying for the "Basic" plan and still cannot scroll through my timeline unless there was an event or previous live view that I watched for a few moments.

This is really confusing and disappointing!  ...I've got enough problems with tech companies botching things on me as it is, ugh!

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I followed your link to this table and it clearly states 30 or 60 days of "motion" and "events", not scrollable back through every minute, only minutes in a captured motion or event.

This sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Going back to Nest.

Highlighted
New Neighbor