cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ring Doorbell 2: "This footage is unavailable."

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: ring footage unavailable

Has anyone received a valid response from Ring concerning the deadzone time? Mine is from midnight to 11 am and then again from 2 to 5.... This is with the newly installed ring pro... We had the non pro up previously. This seems to be a really important time to be dead air...
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I reinstalled the app and it seems ok now, hopefully it keeps working and doesn't slip up when I think it could be useful.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Thank you will try that.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I'm having the problem when viewing snapshots on multiple devices so I don't think it's related to the device I'm viewing this on.

At this point, snapshots work fine between 5 pm and 7 am.  There are no gaps.  Between 7 am and 5 pm, I'd say only around 25% or less of the snapshots show up. There's gap's all over the place, some over an hour.  Basically it doesn't work during the day.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Same issues here. More often than not 'footage unavailable' throughout the day. Evening's are ok.

(I've reinstalled the app but no change yet)

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Ring Doorbell 2: "This footage is unavailable."

My Door View cam had the same message for 7 hours today! I don't see why I paid money for such a buggy product. Any time support are contacted about anything they seem to blame it on WiFi, seems the go to response.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I *believe* this is the first time it happened to me. From 5pm last night to 6am this morning. Over 12 hours of footage unavailable. Never seen this before. Not good.
Highlighted
Community Manager

Sorry to hear about these concerns. If you have not already tried, uninstalling and reinstalling the application is a great first step! It's important to also check your signal strength via the Device Health in the app, whenever there is a concern related to video or picture quality. Check out our Community post about RSSI and how to optimize your wifi signal strength.

If the above does not resolve your concerns, I recommend reaching out to our support team, at 800-656-1918, for more in-depth troubleshooting. Please feel free to keep us updated on the results as I will be sharing this feedback with the appropriate teams. 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

This answer is unavailable.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I have the same issue. There are footages missing throughout the day. @Ring: Please fix the issues.