Ring Doorbell 2: "This footage is unavailable."

Wait. I have exactly the same problem. I thought it was my power problem but it is not. Please solve this

3 Likes

My footage unavailable for 20 minutes between the time of 11:40pm to 12:20am every night

(11:40 -12am, 11:45-12:05am…etc). I called support and they want me to call them at midnight to troubleshoot. My response was I am an old man, I go to bed at 9pm every night. Ring, please fix the issue. Thank you

5 Likes

I have exactly the same problem. Something is wrong with ring network. Always midnight between 11:40pm to 12:20am

3 Likes

Well, I be dam_ned! This morning when I reviewed the last night footage and everything was there. I now can see the other missing midnights footage up till midnight of Nov 14/15. I am now the Gene Gene the Dancing Machine…:slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m having the same problem it’s like an hour though of time maybe longer, I thought maybe somebody was making it happen like with a magnet or something, or am I just watching too much CSI?

1 Like

Has anyone received a valid response from Ring concerning the deadzone time? Mine is from midnight to 11 am and then again from 2 to 5… This is with the newly installed ring pro… We had the non pro up previously. This seems to be a really important time to be dead air…

1 Like

I reinstalled the app and it seems ok now, hopefully it keeps working and doesn’t slip up when I think it could be useful.

Thank you will try that.

I’m having the problem when viewing snapshots on multiple devices so I don’t think it’s related to the device I’m viewing this on.

At this point, snapshots work fine between 5 pm and 7 am. There are no gaps. Between 7 am and 5 pm, I’d say only around 25% or less of the snapshots show up. There’s gap’s all over the place, some over an hour. Basically it doesn’t work during the day.

2 Likes

Same issues here. More often than not ‘footage unavailable’ throughout the day. Evening’s are ok.

(I’ve reinstalled the app but no change yet)

My Door View cam had the same message for 7 hours today! I don’t see why I paid money for such a buggy product. Any time support are contacted about anything they seem to blame it on WiFi, seems the go to response.

1 Like

I *believe* this is the first time it happened to me. From 5pm last night to 6am this morning. Over 12 hours of footage unavailable. Never seen this before. Not good.

Sorry to hear about these concerns. If you have not already tried, uninstalling and reinstalling the application is a great first step! It’s important to also check your signal strength via the Device Health in the app, whenever there is a concern related to video or picture quality. Check out our Community post about RSSI and how to optimize your wifi signal strength.

If the above does not resolve your concerns, I recommend reaching out to our support team, at 800-656-1918, for more in-depth troubleshooting. Please feel free to keep us updated on the results as I will be sharing this feedback with the appropriate teams.

1 Like

This answer is unavailable.

3 Likes

I have the same issue. There are footages missing throughout the day. @Ring: Please fix the issues.

Almost not worth having snapshot turned on…
(App data cleared, app reinstalled, no issues with WiFi signal and alternative router tested)

1 Like

broster19. From your screenshoot, Your Wifi has?, internet icon with exclamation mark and your 4G has only one bar. I would check the network settings again.

It’s not that. Lol. Attached another screenshot anyway. Suspect (based on consistent timings and where I’m located) this may be Ring maintenance window(s) that are being poorly managed.

So I am also getting the “ring footage unavailable error” and I just got off the phone with Rink tech support and they informed me Ring does not store ALL footage for your review, only “Event” footage. This is a real problem for me because I have a Nest Cam that does store constant on going footage that you can scroll back through to any point and would have just got another Nest product had I known this. I feel like Ring’s advertising that states they store 60 days of live footage is misleading…it should say, stores 60 days of “event” footage. This is REALLY DISAPPOINTING…because of this I don’t recommend this product!!!

This is wrong and the rep you spoke with does know anything…same thing happened to me.
With snapshot capture you can see lots of data from many days in past. It is an issue with this feature that isnt working. I can go back to last week and watch myself get in and out of me car.