Ring Doorbell 2: "This footage is unavailable."

Hi People,

After my last post all has been good, until my neighbour moved their AP, which they have every right to do, but…

My AP changed from 40Mhz spread back to 20 back to 40 again and now no consistent video either during motion or hourly/14 min snapshots. I have rebooted the doorbell. Restarted the app with cleared cache. This improved slightly the stability but not fixed.

I only just bought a new AP to cope with this but no alas it looks like AP’s at a foot away are the only way. Just wish there was a wired ethernet socket as that is a cheaper solution then buying new AP or boosters (that I have found not too effective in the past).

I think the mantra should be fixed wire to security cameras. As someone else on here queried " can the wifi be disrupted sufficiently by an intruder?". With these RING units just carrying a battery powered 4G wifi hub, or turning on your phones built-in tethering AP around them seems to be able to confuse these cameras wifi for days after. If they carry a DeAuther then forget them working at all.

I cant take these cameras too seriously as they have several times missed footage that I’ve needed. Again I suggest there should be an easy way to query RING about missing footage from within the APP itself.

1 Like