Ring Doorbell 2: "This footage is unavailable."

I attached screenshots of what mine is doing. These are just from yesterday. It’s not covered by anything, I have a protection plan setup, and I haven’t touched anything in the app in regards to deleting. It just isn’t recording during random times. They can be short mins or even hours.

Yes basic plan
Didnt touch snapshots
Same as other screenshots posted.

I talked to customer service about this issue and was told it was because the software was updating. Unfortunatley for me, it just happened to occure while a package was delivered that was later stolen because I hadn’t been notified it was delivered. :frowning:

Hi there,
I have multiple gaps in my Ring doorbell saying footage not available. Some of them are even 20 minutes or longer. Today I had about 4 different gaps. This is not the first time. Let me know what is to be done as this is not acceptable.
KR,
Andra.

Has this ever been resolved of responded to by Ring?

I have the same issue.

Any fix please Ring?

1 Like

I have exactly the same for and entire day and chunks of previous days. I installed this for extra home security it isn’t the most robust or reliable piece of kit. Unfit for purpose at the moment.

Look like they don’t want to fix it and they blame us the costumers. I think we can take some legal action if they are not willing to fix it.

Any thoughts?

I have the same issue, but it’s not at the same time every day. I have no photography or snapshots since noon yesterday. It won’t connect to Live View either.

Thank you for confirming this information with us neighbors! We appreciate the ongoing patience while we share this feedback with our teams here. Once you’ve confirmed your subscription is active and wifi signal is sufficient for operation, try removing and reinstalling the Ring app on your mobile device.

If you are unable to access any recordings, and not just the snapshot, please reach out to our support team for more in-depth troubleshooting.

Hey. So it’s April 2020 and the issue is still persists, I rang their support team and they sent out a free chime. So, I plugged it in and waited for the issue to resolve itself and it didn’t. Now, I’ve been on the phone to them again and they first said it was my firmware … Errmm nah, that was fine. They got me to delete the app … I was a bit perplexed why that would help (similar to your thinking being a techy myself ) anyway, now they have suggested a new bell. I know for a fact the issue is there in the new one as well. The timing of the black outs is so consistent. It’s half an hour of every hour in 15 minute intervals. Ring, I pay for the premium service and this is what I get.

1 Like

No I still have the same issue even after they did the update on the app. It’s not as frequent, but still have it

I have 4 cameras, one doorbell and 2 battery spotlight cameras and one indoor stickup. Every single one has been doing this for weeks. So… I bought a WiFi extender a few days ago and it’s literally just feet away from the cameras (my house is tiny) - they’re all fixed except the one the extender is closest to. It’s maybe 10-12 feet away, except inside. The missing footage is always about 15 minutes long at random times.

Nothing changed. Everything was working fine. I had recorded motion and snapshots all working fine. Then, two days ago snapshots just stop working. I have a wifi AP 4 feet from the camera. I have full battery. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. I have turned snapshots on and off. I have tried every setting. My doorbell still gets snapshots. What gives?

Seems there is no fix but to wait. Is this correct?

My ring has been very unreliable last 2 days as well. I reset mine and still had issues. Notifications are sporadic too.

Now it has happened on my Doorbell2. Charged and replaced battery and now no snapshots. My raspberrypi homemade cameras are more stable than this.

Come on ring get your act together! Half the functionality has gone. Can I only pay half the subscription costs or will I get a refund? Thought not!

Please, please make these stable!

Also have this problem. Ring goes from bad to worse to God awful. Please fix.

Hi Blob and others

After trying another android device and uninstalling the App and reinstalling the App and none of that not working I removed the devices from my account, physically removed the camera and opened up the doorbell so as to access the setup buttons and completely start again.

What happened, something happened and it shouldn’t have happened. Long and labouress task getting it all setup again.

But it’s working now as it should be.

We got our Ring 3 on Friday. Friday went find. Starting Saturday through today in between my live videos are black boxes that say ‘Footage is unavailable’ is this just an eternal problem with ring?

Yes, it seems to be a Ring thing. I bought a router that boosts my internet to 5ghz and connected by doorbells to that instead of the wifi I have coming in that is only 2.5ghz. After I did that I noticed my little blocks of missing footage are definitely fewer than previously. I know through this forum, many people had called and one of the questions they were asked was how far away the doorbell was from the wifi. If you can buy a booster for your wifi, I would definitely recommend that. It doesn’t seem that Ring really has a fix to it themselves. Also after the app updated, things seemed to run a bit smoother than before as well.

We are all having the same footage unavailable issue. Can someone from Ring support take ownership? And help with resolution.

I spent 30 mins on call with support to explain this exact same issue and there was no acknowledgement of this issue even exist.