Ring Doorbell 2 no audio from person at door

I just got a ring doorbell 2 for our new house and when I am testing the unit on the table (because we have not moved yet) I am able to hear audio from My phone to the doorbell, but I am not able to hear audio from the doorbell to my phone. I have searched these forums non stop and can not come across the solution for the issue I am getting. I have tried 2 different phones and deleted and reinstalled the Ring app. When I even go to review the videos on the app I still can not hear audio. Is there a way to run diagnostics on these units or what else can i try?

1 Like

Same here, I have come to the conclusion the ring doorbell is very poor quality manufacture and poor customer service.

1 Like

I have the same problem with Ring Doorbell 3. Audio worked initially but has now stopped on app. Visitor can clearly hear us so issue does not appear to be App. Video is clear and wifi signal strong.

Haven’t found a solution on forums so remaining option is to reset doorbell.

i have a Ring Doorbell 3 and i have the same issue.

On the live feed, im able to hear the person through the doorbell. When i Answer the incoming request someone is at your door. The person can hear me, but im cannot hear the person.

I have the same problem with my 4 weeks old ring doorbell 3 plus. I can not hear the person at the front door while he/she can hear me loud and clear. I took out the battery for 2 min and then put it back. It started working. It did the same thing again after 3 days. The same trick fixed it. Unfortunately it keeps doing it every few days and I have to take out the battery for a short time to fix it.

Hi @Cheema! Power cycling the Video Doorbell is a great step as it can reset the device and re-establish a better network connection if needed. If this method resolves the concern momentarily, this means that either power or wifi signal could be the concern. Charging the battery to 100% is always a great step to take, as well as ensuring your Ring app is up to date on your mobile device.

Audio connection concerns can often be related to wifi communication variables. The best next thing to check is your wifi signal strength, or RSSI, which can be found in the Device Health section of your Ring app. Check out our Community post about RSSI for tips on optimizing this signal strength. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

It is next to the router with very strong 5GHz connection. The battery is full plus it is hardwired. I very confident that the wifi is as strong as an ethernet connection with no interference and the battery is full and hardwired. It is probably a glItch or a defect in the one I got just 4 weeks ago.

While this should work as intended, especially right near the router, please try out the 2.4 Ghz network just to see if there is a difference in channel frequency operation. If this is still occurring even after testing close to the router, try a reset on the device by holding the setup button for 20 seconds. Once complete, please setup the device and test audio.

If there is absolutely no audio on recorded videos or when answering a live view with two way talk enabled, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.