Ring Doorbell 2 hardwired and battery life draining

SOLUTION: As suggested by @Tom_Ring and @Chelsea_Ring, I contacted support through their published telephone number. They guided me through the reset process, which wasn’t that hard or time consuming. But first, I had to charge my battery back up to 100%. That took the longest of all the steps. Initially, I didn’t think it worked, as my Ring Doorbell 2 battery health went from 100% to 95% in just hours, then dropped below 95% by the next day. But, low and behold, it started going back up and is currently at 98% and holding. I’m not sure it’ll get any higher for a while, as we live in a colder climate (Colorado), and it’s well publicized that these batteries have a hard time holding charges in freezing temps. But, we’ve had the Ring for over a year, and didn’t have any problems last winter with the charge getting so low that certain features started getting disabled (like Live View), which would have made the doorbell virtually useless. So, for now, we’re calling a reset the solution, and crossing our fingers that this will work, long-term.

2 Likes