Ring Doorbell 2 flashing full blue then solid white

I’ve had my Ring Doorbell 2 for awhile now and it worked fine. I wanted to reset it since my wifi kept resetting and wanted to reset to a different wifi connection. I currently have my doorbell hardwired and I pressed the setup button for 20 seconds. It then flashed blue (full circle) for a few minutes then went solid white. I tried to follow the steps on the app to press the setup button once and had the notification to “join the Ring network” but failed to join while the doorbell itself flashed blue again (full circle). It is in this eternal loop and I cannot connect back to my doorbell.

I tried disconnected the hardwire and reconnecting again and still same issues.

Please see the video here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1H8Zp_5rJ8hmCnhZwcygYcIxuYhNwlSE4/view?usp=sharing

I wasn’t able to attach the video here due to file type.

Thank you for sharing this experience with the Community, @traciehwinn! This should definitely not be happening, and a reset should certainly resolve. As it looks like it did not, please try another reset, if you have not already.

With the setup failing at connecting to the Ring setup network, try removing and reinstalling the Ring app on your mobile device. Trying another mobile device can also help with this step. As long as the setup button push initiates setup mode as intended, this should work.

The attached file is not accessible, but this might help; when attaching this video, you will need to compress the MP4 file into a ZIP file, as ZIP files can be attached to your reply and not MP4s. In addition, you can upload this video elsewhere, such as YouTube, and then share the link to the video in your reply. Alternatively, if the video is saved in the Event History in your Ring App, you can choose to share it via email and copy the link that is generated. Looking forward to your response! :slight_smile: