Ring Doorbell 2 Not powering on

I’ve got a ring doorbell 2 on battery that will not power on after removing the battery and charging all night. I’ve tried three separate batteries (have a spotlight camera on solar power) to confirm its not the battery. Ive also tried resetting the device numerous times holding the black button for 15-20 seconds. When the battery is plugged in no lights come on at all. Ring support wasn’t able to help at all, said I’m out of warranty and out of luck essentially. Hoping someone here has a better answer.

Bump. Has anyone taken the ring doorbell 2 apart at least? Trying to get this doorbell working again

Bump

Cant help you but I have the same problem. Ive tried 4 different batteries. Doorbell is about 2 years old… pretty crappy really.

Sigh… Bump.

@NITRO2 wrote:
“I’ve got a ring doorbell 2 . . . have a spotlight camera on solar power . . . Ring support . . . said I’m out of warranty.”

Hello @NITRO2 ,

I was wondering, since you have multiple Video cameras, do you have a current Ring Protection Plan to view/store your past videos? If you do, did you just subscribe each camera on a Ring Protect Plan “Basic”, or did you subscribe to the Ring Protect Plan “Plus”? If you do not subscribe to a Plan or just have the “Basic” on each camera, then yes you are out of warranty. But if you have the “Plus” Plan, then your doorbell may be on this Extended Warranty, and you can possibly get a replacement Video Doorbell.

https://shop.ring.com/pages/protect-plans

For extended warranty coverage to apply to your Ring Video Doorbell 2, the device must be within its original warranty period when you subscribed to Ring Protect Plus. Once the original warranty expired, the device will be covered under Ring Protect Plus until you discontinue your subscription. Non-Ring and other third-party devices are not eligible for the extended warranty.

If this is not the case, and you are truly “out of luck” , and then you intend to buy a new Ring Doorbell to replace your broken Video Doorbell, you may be eligible for discounts. If you have the Ring Protect Plus you have the 10% off select products at Ring.com. And you may be eligible for additional Discounts if you fall into one of these groups. If you qualify, you can take advantage of additional discounts that Ring accepts, of up to 20% off!

Through VerifyPass:

- Military: Includes Active Duty, Veterans & Dependents.

- Responder: Includes Police, Fire and EMT.

- Medical: Includes Doctors, Nurses & medical staff.

- Teacher: Includes Pre-K, K-12 and Professors.

- Student: Includes Students with an eligible e-mail.

- Senior: Includes Senior citizens (55+).

Here is the link to get you started, if you are in one of these groups:

[https://shop.ring.com/pages/exclusive-discounts](https://shop.ring.com/pages/exclusive-discounts)

So many people are unaware that Ring offers this additional discount. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes I have the Ring Protect Plan “Basic” on my ring doorbell and my ring outdoor camera. This has NOT been solved so not sure why it was marked as solved. I am wondering if anyone has a solution besides “you’re SOL”.

@Marley_Ring any input?

@NITRO2 wrote:
Yes I have the Ring Protect Plan “Basic” on my ring doorbell and my ring outdoor camera. This has NOT been solved so not sure why it was marked as solved. I am wondering if anyone has a solution besides “you’re SOL”.

@NITRO2 wrote:

Hello @NITRO2 ,

Since you were the original author, you have control over accepting a reply post as a “Solution” or not. Either you accidentally click it, or a Moderator accidentally clicked it, or some weird stray gremlin-type-electron ''burped it" as a solution. :slight_smile:

Since you have control, you can undo it. In the upper right corner of the reply that was marked as a solution, you can open the menu and select “Not the Solution” (see attached image).

Sorry to hear that my previous post didn’t help you in some way with your problem, because I thought You had accepted it as a “Solution.”

1 Like

Hi @NITRO2. If you’ve tried multiple fully charged batteries and a factory reset of your Doorbell, but you’re still having power issues, your Doorbell may need to be replaced. Our support team will be able to help you with this process once they’ve confirmed that the Doorbell meets the criteria for replacement. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.