Ring Doorbell 2 Motion Slider

The Motion Alerts switch/slider will not stay on. As soon as I choose it, it immediately turns off. The Ring Alerts switch is working fine. I’ve gone thru all of the motion settings and nothing works. I’ve tried removing and reinstalling the device from the Ring App on my iPhone X with no effect.

Hi @bupton3, while you have removed the device from your Ring app, have you tried removing the Ring app from your phone, rebooting your phone (turn it off/on) and then reinstall the Ring app? Sometimes if the app is not saving the toggle to stay on, this could be directly related to the app. Give that a try and let me know if it stays on for you once reinstalled. Additionally, if you can capture a screen recording and share that here of what happens when you try to toggle it on, this would be very helpful if it needs to be escalated! :slight_smile:

Thanks for your response. I tried all that you suggested and the problem still exists. I’ve attempted to so a screen capture but I’m not sure how to do that.

Simply put, when I click it on the motion toggle on my iphone, it moves right but then immediately turns left (off). This has worked properly in the past, but for a while now it’s been a problem.