Ring Doorbell 2 Footage Unavailable

I have had 2 Ring doorbells for about a month now. One had to be exchanged do to connection issues with the unit itself. Other than that, both Rings have been working great. Until about three days ago. It started off with Footage Unavailable for 10-20 minute blocks. Then, it went to hour long blocks. Now November 22, 2020 both of my Rings have been in Footage Unavailable mode from 4:27PM EST and it continues even now on November 23, 2020 5:24am EST. All this time both Rings have not recorded a single instance of motion. They haven’t even alerted to a single instant of motion. I turned on Motion Alerts and waved infront of both Ring doorbells, and nothing. Not a single alert sent to my phone, Ring Chime, or either of my Alexa Dots. And forget about Live View, I haven’t been able to connect to either Ring since I noticed the issue this morning. Ironically, my monthly Plus payment was charged overnight. So tell me Ring, what am I paying for if your products DO NOT WORK and are UNRELIABLE? Are you going to reimburse me when your Ring doorbells fail to record someone breaking into and stealing my car, or damaging my property? According to the Ring app, both my doorbells are 100% powered (Hardwired), and have good signal stength. I know it’s not my router or Wifi extender as both these Ring doorbells have worked fine prior to the last couple of days. I have not moved my router or my extender, nothing has changed except for both Ring doorbells have stopped working. How can this be fixed?

Sorry to hear about this, @LadyRavenwood. Video connection concerns are often related to wifi, mobile device, or Ring app communication variables. The best first thing to check is your wifi signal strength, or RSSI, which can be found in the Device Health section of your Ring app. Check out our Community post about RSSI for tips on optimizing this signal strength.

Removing and reinstalling the Ring app is a quick way to ensure it is up to date and optimally integrated with your mobile device. On your mobile device, try testing video on wifi only, and then on data only, to see if either connection is more efficient. Please also ensure bluetooth and VPN is disabled.

As it sounds like you’ve worked with our support team for the prior exchanges, if the above steps do not resolve this concern, reaching back out will be the best next step. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Was this ever resolved satisfactorily? My pro 2 has been doing the same thing. No footage from 6om last night to 10 am today. My dog was barking at the door at 2 am but I have no video. Not good.