Ring Door Bell 2 won't show me live feed and isn't sending motion alerts

As the title says, about a week ago I noticed I hadn’t received any motion alerts in a little while. I went out and waved at the camera, nothing. I then went into the app and tried to view motion events only to notice that there was no live preview and when clicking “view live” nothing happened. It spins like it’s trying to load but doesn’t. I went to bed and decided to look into it the next day.

I woke up to multiple notifications telling me my battery was at 30%, 20%, and then 10% just in the course of 8 hours. I had just charged it maybe 10 days prior and I can typically go 2 months on a charge.

I removed and recharged the battery to full thinking that it might fix or reset itself once the battery was replaced, but two days later it’s still behaving the same way: draining the battery incredibly fast, no access to the feed, no motion alerts. It’s still flashing a blue ring when I walk past it, so it’s picking up something. It’s almost acting like it’s stuck in one long motion event and is draining the battery so fast because it’s recording all day. It’s the only thing I can think of.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Hi @Robots! The behavior described is often related to connection concerns. It is possible that your Video Doorbell fell offline due to connection or signal interference, and then notified you all at once upon reconnection. The best first thing to check is your wifi signal strength, or RSSI, which can be found in the Device Health section of your Ring app. Check out our Community post about RSSI for tips on optimizing this signal strength. As it sounds like your battery did drain during this time, please also recharge the battery for several hours.

Removing and reinstalling the Ring app is a quick way to ensure it is up to date and optimally integrated with your mobile device. Please also ensure bluetooth and VPN is disabled. If this occurs again, try performing a new setup in the Ring app, and ensure to connect to the 2.4 Ghz wifi network for best results. I hope this helps! :slight_smile: