Ring 3 wired chime only sounds on second push

I installed a Ring 3 doorbell yesterday. Everything seems to work, but I’m having an issue with our wired digital chime. It won’t sound when the button on the ring is pressed once, but it will if it’s pressed again immediately. Sorry if this has been addressed, I tried to search but didn’t find anything about this specific issue. Thank you.

Hey @Rshackleford, happy to chime in here. Can you please share a video example of what happens when you ring the Doorbell? This will help me get a better idea of what you’re experiencing on your end.

When attaching this video, you will need to compress the MP4 file into a ZIP file, as ZIP files can be attached to your reply and not MP4s. In addition, you can upload this video elsewhere, such as Youtube, and then share the link to the video in your reply. Alternatively, if the video is saved in the Event History in your Ring App, you can choose to share it via email and copy the link that is generated.

Has this been solved? I just had the same issue.

I never did figure out how to fix it. Our Alexa devices would announce that someone was at the front door, so it was workable, but now even that has stopped working. In addition to that I’ve never been able to set up the motion zones so they work acceptably and the recordings miss most of whatever is happening. Overall this is not a great product and I think I’m going to take it down when my subscription is finished. Sorry I don’t have an answer for you other than to take it back while you can.

Hey neighbors. @Rshackleford, have you contacted our support team regarding this issue? Your Ring Video Doorbell 3 should be working as intended, and if it’s not, our support team is available to help you to get it back into working conditions.

@LarryLove711 as mentioned earlier, sharing a video of whats going on can greatly help the Community in helping you solve this.

If this is still a concern, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

All, I figured this out. You need a diode in order to make it work. I bought one on Amazon for $2.71. The 3 and 3 plus appear to need one although customer support says they don’t. I installed them and it worked perfectly.

Link to diode.

Link to how to install

I know it says first generation but installing the diode is the same on all models.

May I know how did you connect your doorbell 3 connected wire? Did you install any transformer? Did you leave the battery inside and connected wires back of it? Please help.

For a wired bell, Yes, you need to have a transformer and wires from the transformer to the bell and then also to the chime. For me, I needed to have the bell hooked up to a 24 v 20 va transformer. Anything less than that did not charge the battery. Also, yes, you need to have the battery in the bell, even if it is hardwired.