Ring 3 wired and not charging after 3 days

We just got a Ring 3 and hardwired it and on app it shows hardwired. Our transformer is new 24Vac 20 volts. Our old ring doorbell would charge on new transformer when wired but not this one. Motion and live view are OFF as we have Lorex cams outside this doorbell is to notify someone in the house with hearing aids. We turned off everything we can. Our signal strength is Rssi -35 to -40 doorbell got rang 3x setting up app for hearing aids that was 3 days ago and battery level has not gone up at all just stays at 98%. And yes battery was charged to 100% before install. But ringing bell 3 days ago to set up hearing aids to ring dropped it to 98% and it has not gone up in 3 days??? This ring 3 is NOT charging in 3 days but shows charging on phone app. I also removed everything and reinstalled the app and added ring3 again and it still sits at 98% charge and not charging. So do we have a bad ring 3 or bad battery as this Ring 3 should be at 100% charge after 3 days?

So I found this link … https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360038856311-Charging-the-Battery-for-Your-Ring-Video-Doorbell-3 …and what it says at the end is… In order to maximize the lifetime of the battery, the Ring Video Doorbell 3 waits for the battery to hit below 90% before using the wired power to recharge the battery… So I turned everything on the doorbell in order to drain the battery and got it down to 88% today now to give it 24hrs to see if I get a charge at all. If not I will ask Ring to replace the battery as the doorbell works fully correct with power / wired correct.

Hi @Mojo2! It sounds like you’ve covered all the right steps to limit battery draining and to obtain a charge to your Doorbell. First time setup can take quite some battery due to testing, updates, setting changes, and new connection. If the battery continues to drain quickly despite minimal activity, and the applied power does not look to be providing a trickle charge, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

@Mojo2 - Did your battery charge or what was your outcome?

I had exactly the same problem.
The battery would go flat in a matter of a few days, despite it being a “wired” version.
That meant taking the battery out and bringing it indoors to charge (who on earth makes a “wired” product that has to have a fully charged battery in it to work?).

I asked Ring for a replacement battery but they did a “remote test” and told me it was fine.

Common sense (and a background in electronics) told me that was untrue, so I bought a replacement battery (non Ring branded) and charged it up using a USB cable.

It hasn’t needed a manual recharge in well over a year now.

I suspect RIng need to spend a little more time on the design concepts and diagnostics of their products.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.