Ring 2nd Generation with Chime

All seemed well when I first set up the Ring and the Chime Device - only complaint was the high volume when talking via the Ring to the person at the door. The following day that Chime no longer rang. The Ring chimed but only outside so couldn’t hear it inside. Then the Ring chime started sounding on my phone when anyone went out/came in through the door - not every time though.

I reset the Chime successfully, but within a matter of a couple of hours it didn’t sound.

Is it me doing something wrong/missing out a vital step in the installation, but if so why does it say all is okay?

Hi @HzTh. Do you have a Ring Chime or a Chime Pro, and do you want it to alert you to dings and motions? I’d recommend resetting it by holding down the reset button on the side for at least 15 seconds and then setting it back up in the Ring App. You’ll then want to follow the steps in this Help Center Article to make sure it’s linked up properly.

If the concern persists after trying those steps, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. They can take a deeper look into this for you and provide more in-depth troubleshooting help. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

The Chime now works pefectly - thank you. Why does the Ring 2nd Generation also play a chime, but different to the one chosen for the Chime? If this is the norm, can I adjust the volume as the ring is very loud, and the conversation with the person at the door can be heard by neighbours?

Hi @HzTh. Stepping in for Caitlyn here. You can adjust your Chime by following the steps outlined in this Community post here. The volume for the Doorbell can be found in the General Settings for the Doorbell. I hope this information serves you well!