Ring 2 not working with Byron 776

I recently installed my second gen Ring doorbell which is all set up and working. I wanted to connect it to my existing doorbell but it wasn’t compatible so I purchased and installed a Byron 776 which is on the compatible list. I have seen many successful users using this set up.
Unfortunately mine does not ‘ding ding’.
The Ring is charging and the doorbell works when I put the bell wires together. But it doesn’t make a sound when the Ring button is pressed. ?

Hey @Fearny. That’s indeed pretty odd, as I’ve seen other neighbors with that setup! It’s possible it’s something with the Byron Doorbell itself, but just to ensure this isn’t on the Ring side of things, could you reach out to our support team on this concern?

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Let me know how this goes! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Once again thanks for your help.
After digging through the app settings I found a section to turn the in house chime on.
Really obvious now I’ve found it but after searching google and other support articles, it wasn’t mentioned anywhere!
Anyway, all sorted and I’m well happy! Thanks!

1 Like

I had a similar problem with the Ring Doorbell Generation 2 not charging from or activating the “ding-dong” chime when hardwired to my Byron 776 door chime. All the instructions say that a 25 ohm resistor must be fitted. However, having contacted Ring Customer Support, it appears that the Ring Doorbell Generation 2 has a resistor built-in so an in-line resistor is not required. When I removed my in-line resistor it all sprang to life and works ok. Also, the App now recognises that it is hardwired (it wouldn’t recognise it with the in-line resistor fitted).