Ring 2 doorbell won’t set up

Hi there

I have just changed my WiFi to an Amazon Eero Pro and of course now had to change all my devices to pick up the new WiFi. Ring is proving impossible to re set up. There is no simple way I can see to change the WiFi. The only option I seem to have found is to remove the devices from my accounts the re set up.

However when I log in to any phone or iPad app now (after removing the devices - Ring doorbell 2, chime and camera) there are none seen. If I go to re set up the devices and scan the barcodes on the rear of them, I get an error message saying they are registered to another user! Impossible and frustrating!

My ring devices are now nothing but worthless paper weights!

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Sorry to hear about this neighbor. The best first step here will be to remove and reinstall the Ring app on your mobile device. Please ensure to log in as owner, and select the proper location from the dashboard in the Ring app to see your existing devices. In your Video Doorbell 2 device health there is an option to change network which will take you through similar steps of a setup to connect to your new network.

If you are still unable to see the device, check your email as attempting a setup should have prompted an email to the owner account for authorization of new device owner. This should only happy if you’ve changed emails or account logins. If this concern persists, please reach out to our support team for more in-depth troubleshooting.

did you ever figure this out? We have the same exact issue and after three hours are getting nowhere!