cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ring 2 audio problems

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Ring 2 audio problems

Check that your microphone holes are not clogged up with debris. We have a 7 Plus and it works fine.
Highlighted
New Neighbor II

It's the newest phones, they now have multiple microphones. My older s5 works. I think dual mics came out on 8s or 9's.😑
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I own the 11 pro Max. And trust me, I don’t have that issue. My wife owns the 7 Plus and my son owns the the X. I only had problems when I bought a Note 10 Plus.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Over the weekend I tried installing both the Ring and Ring Rapid apps onto an Amazon Fire tablet which I'm pretty sure only has one microphone. The result was pretty much the same as the phones in terms of background crackling/stuttering on the audio.

I also tried the older version of the App (3.16) on the G6 phone and turned off the timeline, but I'm sorry to say I didn't really notice that much difference. Strangely I noticed the G7 phone which is set up as a shared user, doesn't even have the timeline option, but audio is the same.

I also tried the doorbell right next to the router, where I get an RSSI value of about 10, again no real change in the audio.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Correction.... I tried both the Amazon Fire tablet and phone next to each other last night and the noise on the tablet is considerably less than the phone after all, even with the volume on max. I did notice the noise increases when for example a car goes past.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

There is no sound from the ring 2 its self from my iphone when doing the two way talking! i can him from the iphone but nothing from the ring 2 outside speaker? can anyone help with this please! My backdoor ring 2 is working perfect 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Any progress on this? I still have terrible audio quality.

Highlighted
New Neighbor II

Unfortunately, our audio is awful too. I was on phone with customer service for over an hour. I finally think I got him to realize it only happens on our newer Android phones, and that it has nothing to do with internet connection.
Highlighted
New Neighbor II

Still hoping they will get the message and find a solution. 🤞
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I bought the Ring Doorbell 2 for my mum so she can see who is at the door. Followed all procedures to the letter and have the same deafening hideous noise on phone and doorbell, making conversation between person at door and phone user impossible. Enough noise to frighten intruders away, I thought it was an alarm is was so penetrating. I have removed batteries and reinserted after 10 mins, to no effect. I didn't expect to spend boxing day trying to figure out how to fix her Christmas present.
Her phone is Huawei, not Samsung, so I think the Samsung issue is a red herring. 
Has anyone managed to fix this issue?