cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ring 2 audio problems

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Ring 2 audio problems

I do not have the timeline feature enabled.  I've done some testing with 4 different devices; iPhone 6 (latest OS), iPAD Air2 (latest OS), Samsung Galaxy S7, Samsung Galaxy S10  (I tested using 2 different S10's with idential results).  Only the S10 produces feedback and an echo.  I've made a recording that demonstrates each test.

I've done all the health checks of the Ring device. My results are:

* RSSI-50
* Voltage good

* Internet Download speed right next to the door bell is: 16.52 Mbps
* Internet Upload speed right next to the door bell is: 11.13 Mbps

* Firmware - up to date

On the devices the audio is fine on the iPhone 6, so-so on the iPad, good on the S7 and terrible on S10.

The 2-way audio on the S10 is basically useless.  I've tried all of the forum suggestions (playing with the audio, uninstalling - reinstalling) with no success.

I tired attaching the video, but the forum says that .mp4 is an invalid format.  If someone from Ring wants this video as well as the screen shots, let me know how to get it to you.  The video is short in time and about 16 Mbytes in length.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Thank you @Levelline ! These observations and testing is extremely helpful and beneficial to the team over here. Yes, this does seem isolated to Samsung (if you have other examples, please drop me a note), and the team is currently testing and working on a fix. If a video example is required, I will certainly be in touch to grab that. For now, I truly appreciate this helpful information and I will continue to update the thread with any information from the team. Thank you! 

Got a question? The Community is full of answers! Use our Search bar at the top for quick results.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Is engineering really working on this? The Samsung forum has complaints about this same issue since April, related to Samsung Galaxy S10’s and Ring.  Someone suggested that Ring is using the wrong api’s. Don’t know about that, but this is a serious usability bug for an important feature that shows up in Ring commercials.  This is one on the reason I purchased the product, to be able to talk to people at the front door when I’m not home.  Can you post a case # to the forum that other S10 users can track and reference?

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I hope they are working on this. I have a Note 10+ and the the two way audio is horrible. And I've tried everything to make it audible but no luck. Before using my Note 10+ I was using an iPhone XS Max and Note 9 with no audio issues. Please fix this ASAP! BTW I'm having this problem with my Floodlight Cams and Spotlight Cams.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

This has to be a software bug in the mobile app related to S10 and Android, since the hardware and software works with other Samsung devices. I did a review on Google play (1 star) warning S10 users about this problem. If enough of us complain, maybe Ring will fix the issue?
Highlighted
Community Manager

Thanks neighbors. Video examples to get to the team will definitely help. The team is actively looking into this. I appreciate your patience! 

Got a question? The Community is full of answers! Use our Search bar at the top for quick results.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Hi Jennifer, which email do I send it to? 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Jennifer it won't let me upload a video here so please tell me which email I can send the video to? 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

You can upload videos here, look at my postings...

Just ZIP it and it will let you upload!

Also judging to most recent postings it seems most new users do not read the threads before they post, although a lot of their questions already got answered...
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Thanks ML1504