Ring 2 audio problems

Thanks for commenting!

I’m almost sure the above is the reasion for the troubles people with Samsung mobiles and Ring doorbells experience at the moment.

Conclusion for ring-engineers:

Ring app uses a different method for obtaining microphone sigal depending on mode.

With timeline-event-feature turned ON: Samsung noise reduction (it has to be a “newer” Samsung model, and use two mics) inteferes heavily with microphone signal, so it is very silent or not understandable due to loud noise in the signal.

With temeline-event-feature turned OFF: Microphone signal is ok, although it is still less loud than on other mobile phones as source.

Only Ring and/or Samsung could provide a fix for this issue. Ring has to change/repair the new event-timeline-feature to use the “old microphone source”.

And maybe Samsung could fix their microphone audio processing interface which ring app uses to make it acceptable in terms of signal quality. The noise reduction using both mics definitely does not work as it should!!

@Ring: Please provide a fix for that soon!

I’m sure Ring is aware of the problem, as the Samsung forum stated that ring support now tells the people to turn off the time-line-feature:

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S10/Ring-doorbell-speaker-volume-very-low-if-answered-ring-from/td-p/554160/page/4

@palolake:

a better WIFI signal is never a bad thing, althoug this would not fix our problems. I also have 20+ devices in my WIFI-network, plus 2 neighbors using my guest-network. For sure a better signal makes a better connection to our doorbell. So a bad signal would make the original problem even worse…

I understand your frustration, and I’m also hoping that there would be a fix from either Samsung or Ring real soon…

Best regards from Vienna,

Markus

1 Like