Ring 2 audio problems

@Stoat wrote: Is it possible to install an older version of the app without the new Timeline which now can’t be turned off?

So I revisited this:

I found another thread discussing this issue - https://community.ring.com/t5/Video-Doorbells/ring-doorbell-2-community/td-p/105 - actually that one is probably a better one to continue discussion - it at least has the participation of the Ring Moderator and at least one other Ring person that I recall;

In that thread @Jennifer_Ring said on page 9 on 9/30/2019

Hi neighbors! The prior audio concern has been resolved with Android App update 3.17 and beyond. If you have the most recent Android App and are still experiencing audio quality concerns, it would be best resolved through opening a ticket with our 24/7 support team. We recommend also checking your network connection as low signal strength is the most common culprit of low audio/ video quality. Thank you..

Well, we all know it has NOT been fixed!

However since there was at least ‘something’ done in that regard I tried another older version PRIOR to 3.17 i.e. 3.16

3.16 does indeed behave better when you disable the Event Timeline in the ‘New Features’ settings so it is certainly worth rolling back to this version

One thing to note - you MUST disable auto-update to prevent it from reverting to the latest version.

Link to 3.16 version: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/ring-com/ring-always-home/ring-always-home-3-16-0-release/ring-always-home-3-16-0-android-apk-download/

(you will need an explorer type of app so you can navigate to your download folder to launch it - I use X-plore)

Here are some other items of note:

I have noticed that in the 3.20 when you first enable live view, for the very first instant, you can hear the background noise outside (in my case I can hear the road traffic noise from the main road about 250’ away) VERY CLEARLY and then it immediately (within couple of seconds ) mutes to a much lower level. This suggests that something in the Firmware is attempting some noise-cancellation and I think it is responsible for the overall volume being attenuated. With 3.16, there is no attenuation and the background noise remains at full volume. When there is no traffic from main road, I can even hear the birds chirping!

From that thread referenced above, there was another suggestion that live event logging could be enabled and the work-around was to simply quickly go to the previous logged event and immediately back to live view. At least in 3.20, this did not seem have any effect for me (someone might like to try this and see if it works for them - I don’t have anyone else ‘handy’ at the moment to help test this)

And as per @Sheteaches, it definitely helps to talk into the top mic’.

So I would say the ‘best’ performance in the interim is going to be to roll back to 3.16, diable the Event Logging and try to talk into the top mic’.