Ring 2 audio problems

To disable the microphone for each app: Go to Settings in your phone Scroll down to Apps Click on the app Scroll down and under the “App Settings” area click on “Permissions". There may or may not be a microphone option; from there you can toggle it off or on.

Once you have your list of apps, you can actually click the three dots in upper right and select app permissions and that will list by permission type - scoll to microphone and it will show all the apps for which that is enabled and you can deselect as appropriate

Now - having said that I tried this - still have the issue so that did not make any difference for me.

Another thing I tried was deleting the Ring app and ‘rolling back’ to an older version via an APK - the last version I found which still had the ‘new features’ where the event history timeline could be disabled was 3.18.0 from Sept 1019 - https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/ring-com/ring-always-home/ring-always-home-3-18-0-release/

That did not work for me either - the sound is still breaking up and very low volume.

I felt sure that given others comments from earlier, that rolling the app and disabling the event history would have at least given that interim solution - but it did not.

In fact my current config is with BOTH of these suggestions employed - disabling all the mic permissions (except Ring) AND rolling back the app/disabling the event history and still the same inherent problem.

Actually I have to say the volume is quite low even when using my wife’s i-phone - it at least does not break up, but you have to be VERY close to the ring to hear the communication on the phone and similary outside, the volume is just not that great from the RIng Device unless again, very close to it.

Am becoming more & more disillusioned with this device …