Ring 2 audio problems

You do that! I hate that I passed up a chance at returning it, nonetheless I am not happy with it and do intend to replace it eventually. And you’re right for dismissing there copy and paste troubleshooting procedures. It’s just a way of making you think it’s your fault not theirs. Being in development myself, I know how “easy” it can be to get a fix for this going. Unfortunately, I don’t think there’s been enough complaints to make this happen.

I totally understand. If we don’t all speak out LOUDLY, this issue may not be resolved. I saw where in one thread one gal replaced their android phones and went to IPhones just to make it work. This is TOTALLY unacceptable, especially since I recently changed platforms myself and went with the new Galaxy 10 plus bc of the camera. I will not give up the phone I love just to make my RING audio work. Everyone with a newer android phone must speak out if you have issues. If enough of us do, maybe, just maybe, they will listen!!! Agree with Podbarron, calling and walking through help is not worth the time. I have spent a couple hours doing this and insisted this last time that he notify the higher uppers that this is an issue with our phones. On my Ipad and Echo Shows it works perfectly, but audio through our phones just pitiful and useless. Please everyone with audio issues and android phones, speak out!

2 Likes

I have to say that I have read through all the comments and have to agree that Ring should do something quickly.
I have tried most of the suggestions and still get no audio to and from the ring doorbell2 on my Samsung S8 but all is ok on my wifes I phone and I pad.
I think I will be returning ours as not fit for purpose even though I have spent more money for a resistor and AC adaptor to hardwired it in.

1 Like

Dunclie, we did the same, sent ours back and paid 499 to get one hardwired. The problem lies in the phone microphone not being compatible. I am very upset that we did this, we paid twice as much , it didn’t work, and not happy at all that I can’t use my phone. For inside the house, we can use our Echo Shows, but the reason we really have the ring is so that we can see who is at our door and talk through it when we are AWAY from home. Please RING, why are no responses coming from moderators of this forum?

1 Like

I hope that more people keep responding. This is quite sad that we haven’t even gotten a response from even a moderator.

1 Like

My Audio is worse than a 1 dollar walkie talkie set, it’s choppy as hell, worse product i’ve ever purchased, Ring Know what’s going on, take responsibility Ring! TELL US THE PROBLEM

1 Like

Hi ive just installed a doorbell pro. All working except for an audio feedback issue… When talking at the doorbell there is an echo so you can hear yourself back…this then causes the audio be really choppy and renders the doorbell unusable…we tried it on my echo show and it fine… We also tried routing my fone through my handsfree kit in my car and its fine.
Try on my mates lg phone and work fine
It appears to be a compatibility issue between ny phone and the ring…it appears alot of other people have had the same issue… Which seems to occur with some android phones. My phone is OnePlus 6t

Has anyone here found a solution it is really annoying.

Thanks
Matt

1 Like

Installed a ring 2 pro last weekend and all works correctly except when you talk to the outside via a Samsung S9 the sound is muffled or garbled to the point that you cannot make out the words.

I see this is a common problem when using Samsung. Is there a fix? If not I will need my money back. Solution?

ok so how do you turn off the event time viewer?

@gspr4213wi wrote:

ok so how do you turn off the event time viewer?

You cannot in the current app version - you have to install a previous revision

see my second post on page 6 here - https://community.ring.com/t5/Video-Doorbells/Ring-2-audio-problems/td-p/952/page/6#

Unfortunately, they have removed it, and you no longer can. :cry:

Chrome will not allow me to install, says it is harmful.

@Sheteaches wrote:

Unfortunately, they have removed it, and you no longer can. :cry:

Well, as per my post above, you are right as far as the current version of app goes but you CAN still roll back to an older version where you have that option to disable

I have same problem with an i- phone. Sound from someone at the door is very clear, but talking back to them to answer is broken up and not understandable at all. Anyone with an I-phone had same issue and did you get it to work?

I have since spoken via e-mail to ring support and gone through various tests and trials and the conclusion from Ring is that my doorbell is faulty.
A replacement is on it’s way shortly but from what they have said could be 2 weeks, I’m not convinced that this will be the problem but we will see when the replacement is fitted.
Watch this space ?

@ Dunclie Hopeful for u. We decided to upgrade and they credited us for our 1st Ring, saying the same. We spent double thinking that might be it, but it still did not work on our phones. iPad and echo shows it does, though. Good luck and pls do let us know!?

1 Like

@Sheteaches, you were correct and as I suspected the replacement arrived today and I installed it but still no audio on my phone from the doorbell.
I have e-mailed details back to Ring so we will wait to see what they say.

2 Likes

It’s so disappointing. Let them know about this thread.

@Dunclie, I am so sorry. We too, are still dealing with the same issue, patiently waiting on a response and fix…:neutral_face:

1 Like

I had before ring 1 . Never had any problem. Now at my new location I purchased ring 2. Wiring is fine. Texted with diode and rings fine. The door bell rings out side. But it is not able to connect to WiFi. It picks the WiFi connection and signal streaming is good then it drops. What is the problem I am facing. Need help

1 Like