Ring 2 audio problems

@Sheteaches wrote:
… I finally think I got him to realize it only happens on our newer Android phones, and that it has nothing to do with internet connection.

After I gave the device a poor review to a survey that I was sent (by Ring) on how likely I would be to recommend to a friend (zero!) I got e-mails from tech support offering assistance with a plan to resolve the audio issues; Now that was certainly admirable and appreciated, however most of the plan I had already done myself anyway; but I asked the tech in e-mail reply before I would interact with him via phone, to answer whether he specifically, or Ring, generally, was aware of issues particularly with newer Android Phones and especially notably Samsung; he declined to comment in that he would first have to go through the diagnostic procedure to determine if/where the problem might be; again I pressed (in another reply) that I simply wanted to know whether (or not!) Ring was aware of, and working on, problem as described and again got no acknowledgement of that.

I refuse to spend an hour working through a diagnostic procedure with a ‘tech’ (sic) working from a script on potential set-up issues - I don’t mean to sound dismissive but I’m an electronics engineer and more than capable of carrying out the set-up and analysis thereof, without a low-level script-reader holding my hand through it! - now if he said, ‘yes’ and you can help to be a part of development of a solution by providing valuable first-hand data from the situation, I would have been more than happy to endure that and assist in hopefully validating the issue that would ultimately provide a resolution, even if this was some months away from conclusion. But when there was no forthright acknowledgement of the issue, given all the reports on this forum (and others), then it says they are either ignorant of it, in denial of it, or lying - and I would have to say none of those is acceptable.

At this point, I decided to call time on it and return it as simply not suitable for purpose; even with the Samsung specific issues aside, the audio capability is worthless for live communication, whether from other household Apple phone, or from the Alexa Show. There ARE nice things about it, like the completely wireless set-up and the incredibly well-stocked installation kit. But the performance is just not what I had expected.

I’m going to wait for the Eufy Battery model which is announced and due to be released early in the New Year.

1 Like