Ring 2 audio problems

It’s the newest phones, they now have multiple microphones. My older s5 works. I think dual mics came out on 8s or 9’s.?

I own the 11 pro Max. And trust me, I don’t have that issue. My wife owns the 7 Plus and my son owns the the X. I only had problems when I bought a Note 10 Plus.

1 Like

Over the weekend I tried installing both the Ring and Ring Rapid apps onto an Amazon Fire tablet which I’m pretty sure only has one microphone. The result was pretty much the same as the phones in terms of background crackling/stuttering on the audio.

I also tried the older version of the App (3.16) on the G6 phone and turned off the timeline, but I’m sorry to say I didn’t really notice that much difference. Strangely I noticed the G7 phone which is set up as a shared user, doesn’t even have the timeline option, but audio is the same.

I also tried the doorbell right next to the router, where I get an RSSI value of about 10, again no real change in the audio.

Correction… I tried both the Amazon Fire tablet and phone next to each other last night and the noise on the tablet is considerably less than the phone after all, even with the volume on max. I did notice the noise increases when for example a car goes past.

1 Like

There is no sound from the ring 2 its self from my iphone when doing the two way talking! i can him from the iphone but nothing from the ring 2 outside speaker? can anyone help with this please! My backdoor ring 2 is working perfect

Any progress on this? I still have terrible audio quality.

Unfortunately, our audio is awful too. I was on phone with customer service for over an hour. I finally think I got him to realize it only happens on our newer Android phones, and that it has nothing to do with internet connection.

Still hoping they will get the message and find a solution. ?

I bought the Ring Doorbell 2 for my mum so she can see who is at the door. Followed all procedures to the letter and have the same deafening hideous noise on phone and doorbell, making conversation between person at door and phone user impossible. Enough noise to frighten intruders away, I thought it was an alarm is was so penetrating. I have removed batteries and reinserted after 10 mins, to no effect. I didn’t expect to spend boxing day trying to figure out how to fix her Christmas present.
Her phone is Huawei, not Samsung, so I think the Samsung issue is a red herring.
Has anyone managed to fix this issue?

@Sheteaches wrote:
… I finally think I got him to realize it only happens on our newer Android phones, and that it has nothing to do with internet connection.

After I gave the device a poor review to a survey that I was sent (by Ring) on how likely I would be to recommend to a friend (zero!) I got e-mails from tech support offering assistance with a plan to resolve the audio issues; Now that was certainly admirable and appreciated, however most of the plan I had already done myself anyway; but I asked the tech in e-mail reply before I would interact with him via phone, to answer whether he specifically, or Ring, generally, was aware of issues particularly with newer Android Phones and especially notably Samsung; he declined to comment in that he would first have to go through the diagnostic procedure to determine if/where the problem might be; again I pressed (in another reply) that I simply wanted to know whether (or not!) Ring was aware of, and working on, problem as described and again got no acknowledgement of that.

I refuse to spend an hour working through a diagnostic procedure with a ‘tech’ (sic) working from a script on potential set-up issues - I don’t mean to sound dismissive but I’m an electronics engineer and more than capable of carrying out the set-up and analysis thereof, without a low-level script-reader holding my hand through it! - now if he said, ‘yes’ and you can help to be a part of development of a solution by providing valuable first-hand data from the situation, I would have been more than happy to endure that and assist in hopefully validating the issue that would ultimately provide a resolution, even if this was some months away from conclusion. But when there was no forthright acknowledgement of the issue, given all the reports on this forum (and others), then it says they are either ignorant of it, in denial of it, or lying - and I would have to say none of those is acceptable.

At this point, I decided to call time on it and return it as simply not suitable for purpose; even with the Samsung specific issues aside, the audio capability is worthless for live communication, whether from other household Apple phone, or from the Alexa Show. There ARE nice things about it, like the completely wireless set-up and the incredibly well-stocked installation kit. But the performance is just not what I had expected.

I’m going to wait for the Eufy Battery model which is announced and due to be released early in the New Year.

1 Like

You do that! I hate that I passed up a chance at returning it, nonetheless I am not happy with it and do intend to replace it eventually. And you’re right for dismissing there copy and paste troubleshooting procedures. It’s just a way of making you think it’s your fault not theirs. Being in development myself, I know how “easy” it can be to get a fix for this going. Unfortunately, I don’t think there’s been enough complaints to make this happen.

I totally understand. If we don’t all speak out LOUDLY, this issue may not be resolved. I saw where in one thread one gal replaced their android phones and went to IPhones just to make it work. This is TOTALLY unacceptable, especially since I recently changed platforms myself and went with the new Galaxy 10 plus bc of the camera. I will not give up the phone I love just to make my RING audio work. Everyone with a newer android phone must speak out if you have issues. If enough of us do, maybe, just maybe, they will listen!!! Agree with Podbarron, calling and walking through help is not worth the time. I have spent a couple hours doing this and insisted this last time that he notify the higher uppers that this is an issue with our phones. On my Ipad and Echo Shows it works perfectly, but audio through our phones just pitiful and useless. Please everyone with audio issues and android phones, speak out!

2 Likes

I have to say that I have read through all the comments and have to agree that Ring should do something quickly.
I have tried most of the suggestions and still get no audio to and from the ring doorbell2 on my Samsung S8 but all is ok on my wifes I phone and I pad.
I think I will be returning ours as not fit for purpose even though I have spent more money for a resistor and AC adaptor to hardwired it in.

1 Like

Dunclie, we did the same, sent ours back and paid 499 to get one hardwired. The problem lies in the phone microphone not being compatible. I am very upset that we did this, we paid twice as much , it didn’t work, and not happy at all that I can’t use my phone. For inside the house, we can use our Echo Shows, but the reason we really have the ring is so that we can see who is at our door and talk through it when we are AWAY from home. Please RING, why are no responses coming from moderators of this forum?

1 Like

I hope that more people keep responding. This is quite sad that we haven’t even gotten a response from even a moderator.

1 Like

My Audio is worse than a 1 dollar walkie talkie set, it’s choppy as hell, worse product i’ve ever purchased, Ring Know what’s going on, take responsibility Ring! TELL US THE PROBLEM

1 Like

Hi ive just installed a doorbell pro. All working except for an audio feedback issue… When talking at the doorbell there is an echo so you can hear yourself back…this then causes the audio be really choppy and renders the doorbell unusable…we tried it on my echo show and it fine… We also tried routing my fone through my handsfree kit in my car and its fine.
Try on my mates lg phone and work fine
It appears to be a compatibility issue between ny phone and the ring…it appears alot of other people have had the same issue… Which seems to occur with some android phones. My phone is OnePlus 6t

Has anyone here found a solution it is really annoying.

Thanks
Matt

1 Like

Installed a ring 2 pro last weekend and all works correctly except when you talk to the outside via a Samsung S9 the sound is muffled or garbled to the point that you cannot make out the words.

I see this is a common problem when using Samsung. Is there a fix? If not I will need my money back. Solution?

ok so how do you turn off the event time viewer?

@gspr4213wi wrote:

ok so how do you turn off the event time viewer?

You cannot in the current app version - you have to install a previous revision

see my second post on page 6 here - https://community.ring.com/t5/Video-Doorbells/Ring-2-audio-problems/td-p/952/page/6#