Ring 2 Standard Electrical Box Install

I have a Ring 2 to replace my current wired doorbell. I have concrete walls with a stucco finish. The current opening in the wall is a standard single electrical gang box with the single screw at the top and bottom. There’s currently a standard cover plate screwed to the box and the doorbell is screwed to the cover plate itself. How do I go about mounting the Ring 2 to a standard electrical gang box opening? Thanks.

3 Likes

I have exactly the same problem. I called support and got no help, whatsoever. There is a guy who has posted the instructions on Reddit to make an adapter if you have a 3D printer (I don’t). Other than that - nothing. So I came up with a solution that works and looks decent. I purchased (at my local hardware store) a wooden coaxial cable cover plate. They’re with the cover plates for light swtiches and electrical outlets. I spray painted it black. This plate has the holes to connect to the electric box and the hold in the middle let’s you run the doorbell wires through it easily.

After I installed the cover plate, I then installed the ring doorbell on the wooden plate. I should have done better centering it on the plate, but it looks OK.

3 Likes

I have a similar set up at my new house where the old doorbell switch was attached to a standard switch electrical single gang box mounted in stucco. So, my solution was to attach the Ring mounting bracket to a standard cable outlet plate which allows the old wiring to go thru, and has the two screws that will pass thru to mount the plate to the box. I did have to chop the 4 mounting screws down to allow the cable plate to sit flush against the stucco wall. Seems to be secure and works fine.

1 Like

Sorry had to start a new post for the other photos

1 Like

Question, what type of screws did you use to attach the Ring plate to the other plate?