Ring 2 Doorbell

A few issues I’m having. First of all I just installed this device and have yet to get it to work properly. When I get notified of motion it takes a LONG time for the app to connect to camera by which time there is no way to talk to the person via ring doorbell being they are long gone before I can see who it is.
Next, when I am able to connect to the device in the history I see 15 seconds or so if just blank screen however I hear the noise and a few times see the last 3 seconds where the image appears.
Third, a few times instead of a video I’ll get a still shot that is it.
I’m not sure how this thing should work but to me it was a waste of money. Does anyone have the same issues or have any recommendations?

Sorry to hear about this experience @Kilipo! The video connection concerns you describe can often times be related to network connection, speeds, or signal strength. Check out our Community post about RSSI for tips on optimizing wifi connection.

Try also, uninstalling and reinstalling the app on your mobile device. Testing on wifi only and on data only on your mobile device is a great way to see if one connection is stronger than another for streaming. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like