Ring 2 Doorbell video flash?

I just installed Ring 2 doorbell in a recessed patio which faces into a very bright street. Initial capture during motion appears to be a flash making video not useable, it clears up after first second, but by that time whatcaused motion event is gone. When previewing live mode no issues, just inital second of"motion" event.

Hey @Bonaserat. By flash, does it just seem very bright? This should be the Doorbell adjusting to the brightness, but it may take a moment if the Doorbell is in a very covered area and the outside lighting is very bright in comparison. I can verify that nothing out of the ordinary is happening for you though! Could you share a URL link to this video so I can see what you are referencing by this flash?

That sounds exactly like what is happening. Unfortunately if no way to fix may have to return Ring Doorbell. If it takes time to adjust to lighting and the subject which caused the trigger is gone whats the point. Live view no issues at all. We also just purchased two floodlights, but if one doesnt work may have to return product.

https://ring.com/share/6836849759249498985

@Bonaserat That’s exactly what I was thinking is going on! Since your porch is very enclosed and dark, the brightness from outside makes the camera have an extra second of adjusting to the lighting to capture a good quality image. I’m not sure if you have already, but you can install a Corner Kit to help face to the left to see if this helps, but it may be because the porch is enclosed like this that the video needs a second to adjust. Glad we could clear this up for you, neighbor, and if you have a Corner Kit or want to give it a try, let me know if it helps! :slight_smile:

Unfortunately it is installed with corner kit and wedge. We will be returning item.

@Bonaserat I totally understand, and my apologises we could not do more here. Happy I could clear it up, and let me know if you need any help with the return if it was from Ring.com. Thank you for your consideration in being a Ring neighbor, and hope you and your family are staying healthy and well! :smiley_cat: