Rich notifications not working since yesterday

Hello,

I beta tested this feature and I have had it available since those beta tests. as of yeserday my ring is no longer showing rich notifications. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Thanks

5 Likes

Same problem here. I’m not receiving any motion notifications including rings. Missed one today. Ever since the latest update it’s been reliable for 10% of the time.

1 Like

Same issue here, since latest Android app update push notifications are unreliable for both motion and doorbell rings, I get about 10% of them too. Only find out missed them when I open app later. Looks like they haven’t tested the app update properly. Happens regardless of whether I have rich notifications or the old style ones set. Have let their customer services dept. know.

1 Like

Hey neighbors! For this concern, can you please try uninstalling the Ring App completely, restarting your phone, and reinstalling the Ring App? If that doesn’t resolve the issue, you can refer to this Help Center Article on troubleshooting notification concerns for Android devices specifically. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Same behavior here on iOS (iPhone and iPad both). Feature usesd to work pretty well but in the past week (since the 5.33 update perhaps but cannot confirm this) there is never an image preview.

1 Like

Same problem here on iPhone.
Rich notification are blank since a few days !

Same here. Rich notifications had been working great until a couple days ago.
I see the small version of the thumbnail on the notification, but the larger version when long pressing isn’t loading.

iOS 14.3
Ring app 5.34.0

Okay, I’ll throw my hat into the…ring. This was working great. A month or two ago this feature showed up out of the blue and I love it. As of like a week ago it stopped working all together. Deleted app and reinstalled. Nothing. Turned off rich notifications and back on. Nothing. Device has good WiFi connection. I still get motion notifications. Just no snapshot preview.

iPhone X
iOS 14.3
App version 5.34.0

Hi neighbors! If previous troubleshooting did not resolve this concern for you, would you mind following up with our support team on this concern? You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. Our support team can look into this more closely for you and offer more advanced troubleshooting support. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Why would we all have to individually call tech support if this is an obvious issue, not device specific. You be gotten feedback, fix the issue.

6 Likes

I have found that rich notifications will work fine and then all of a sudden will go blank. This happened today. I’m wondering if it happens when there’s an update to the app (like there was yesterday I believe). For reference, the issue looks like the attached image. Restarting the phone does seem to fix it without having to completely delete the app as suggested earlier.

1 Like

Exactly. It is August and the problem is obviously persisting since I was getting the snapshot rich notifications up until a week or so ago and now blank. RING, you don’t need everyone to call you. Just fix it already.

2 Likes

Same issue here. As of about a week or two ago, all Apple devices (3 phones, 2 watches) are no longer receiving rich notifications. Getting the activity notification, just no snapshot in it.

1 Like

Oops, just saw that rich notification services are down as of Aug 5th. So, disregard.

2 Likes

Is there still no solution to this problem? My husband and I are still not receiving Rich notifications (for a week now). We’ve tried all the suggestions referenced above and still nothing. Ring, please help!

3 Likes

What does the Rich notifications affect exactly? I have some weirdness going on with my system. The Ring app was saying that my front door is open, when it is not, and one of my Z-wave Schlage locks is not working, however the other one is. The one that’s not working is a newer Z-wave Plus lock. It’s not reporting the status correctly, and trying to unlock/lock it from the app fails. The front door sensors seems to have cleared after rebooting the system and opening/closing the door again. Just trying to figure out what exactly is going on and why one of my Z-wave locks stopped working.

So it’s not just me!!

1 Like

Thought it was just me‼️ Could Can you please fix this ASAP please it’s easier for me to just see the snapshot/preview of the motion notification instead of fully opening the app and going live I suffer with anxiety so it’s just much easier for me if it’s just somebody walking past

How’d you find out? Any news on when it’ll be fixed? I was on hold forever but couldn’t wait any longer. Thanks in advance!

I called but the hold was too long. I’ve tried all the suggestions as well with no luck…